2012 pre-season stuff consolidated - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Ambulance Chasers

2012 pre-season stuff consolidated

Moderators: Indibuck, murphysxm, Football Moderators

Re: Rules/Scoring thread

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:55 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:Good questions Scott, I could use some clarity on this as well.

Glad I'm not the only one :-° I'm the aforementioned owner who PM'd questions to Indi, who had the good sense to move the discussion here ;-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Sorry for my confusing reply. I typed it in a hurry between cases today. Let me see if I can address a few points and alleviate some confusion.

I mistakenly did use the terms "waiver wire" and "free agency" interchangeably. There is, indeed a difference:
Players on the "waiver wire" are locked and cannot be picked up without a bid (includes even a $0 bid. But you must submit a bid to claim a player you want). Players on the "free agency" list can be picked up at any time, and count for $0 against your running total for bids.

So now we have the definitions out of the way, let's apply them to our league.

1. Once the draft is over, I will finish updating rosters into the league site and announce the date for initial waiver wire transactions.
2. After the initial waiver claims are processed, players will stay on waivers (i.e. no free agency) throughout the preseason. But each Wednesday during the preseason and regular season, any waiver claims will be awarded to the highest bidder.
3. During the regular season, after the waiver claims are awarded on Wednesday, any players not on a roster become free agents and are eligible to be placed on a roster up until the start of that player's NFL game.
4. Players dropped from an active roster will be locked for 24 hours before being added to the waiver wire/free agency (whichever is applicable after the 24 hour lock).

I looked back at the draft of the constitution, and that section was confusing as well.... I have updated that section for clarification.

Does this help?
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:21 pm

Indibuck wrote: I typed it in a hurry between cases today.

Cases of beer? :-B

Yeah, that clears it up, thanks Indibuck.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:Good questions Scott, I could use some clarity on this as well. I'm also up for drafting as close to the season starting as possible to eliminate any bs preseason injuries. For someones team to take a big hit for no reason, just doesn't make sense. My main league drafts after the last pre-season game ;-D

Hit me up if you have other questions about WW/FA etc.

As for the draft... because it's a slow draft, we can't start it too late or we will be up against the regular season -- and then we have to push people to make picks. I am open to suggestions as to when we should start the draft; that being said, I think it needs to be started no later than mid-July (and preferably a week or two sooner than that) to ensure we have plenty of time to draft.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:25 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Indibuck wrote: I typed it in a hurry between cases today.

Cases of beer? :-B

Yeah, that clears it up, thanks Indibuck.

I wish! :-b I work in surgery.

Glad my last post helped. ;-D ;-D
Indibuck

Re: VOTE! Item 1... PPR/non-PPR

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:12 pm

I'm really pretty open to this either way. I'd like to suggest that this vote run before a 1 or .5 ppr decision is made.

I guess if I were forced to make a decision right now, i'd say let's go 4 points for a passing touchdown to offset some of those crazy QB points, and make it .5 ppr to up the ante on WR's but not overdo it.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby The Lung » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:45 pm

The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Re: VOTE! Item 2... If PPR, how much?***

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:17 pm

With 7 votes, .5 PPR is the winner.

Now, logistics... I went to fleaflicker to make this change tonight, and it will not allow me to use .5 PPR (values must be whole numbers), but will allow 1 PPR for every 2 catches. Unless someone knows something I don't in managing a league on flea, this is the closest way for me to honor the spirit of what we want to do with PPR.
Indibuck

Re: VOTE! Item 4... number of playoff teams

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:18 pm

With 7 votes, 6 playoff teams is the winner. ;-D
Indibuck

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:44 am

Indibuck wrote:As for the draft... because it's a slow draft, we can't start it too late or we will be up against the regular season -- and then we have to push people to make picks. I am open to suggestions as to when we should start the draft; that being said, I think it needs to be started no later than mid-July (and preferably a week or two sooner than that) to ensure we have plenty of time to draft.

doh!...
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

PreviousNext

Return to Ambulance Chasers