Miscellaneous stuff - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Ambulance Chasers

Miscellaneous stuff

Moderators: Indibuck, murphysxm, Football Moderators

Re: Miscellaneous stuff

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:59 am

If my team approaches any of you inquiring about building a new stadium, IGNORE THEM.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mzkp54 » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:11 pm

I think the real question is when are the league records going to be updated with my accolades? ;-D
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 235)

Postby murphysxm » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:42 am

Looks like we lost Devil_Doc......
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 222)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:07 pm

murphysxm wrote:Looks like we lost Devil_Doc......

I sent him a PM for clarification.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby Devil Doc » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Indibuck wrote:
murphysxm wrote:Looks like we lost Devil_Doc......

I sent him a PM for clarification.

Yup I'm still in...to be honest not quite SURE what I was thinking haha
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 95)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Mon May 06, 2013 4:35 pm

When are we drawing draft slots? Inquiring minds......
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 226)

Postby Indibuck » Mon May 06, 2013 7:50 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:When are we drawing draft slots? Inquiring minds......

Later this summer. Many dynasty owners are having their rookie drafts now... We will probably pick this back up when those are winding down.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby m16a » Sat May 25, 2013 10:33 am

Indibuck wrote:

Later this summer. Many dynasty owners are having their rookie drafts now... We will probably pick this back up when those are winding down.

Fancy schmancy place holder in the form of a question: do we get slots based on how we played last year, or is it a random pick yet again?
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Indibuck » Sat May 25, 2013 11:27 am

m16a wrote:
Indibuck wrote:

Fancy schmancy place holder in the form of a question: do we get slots based on how we played last year, or is it a random pick yet again?

That's a good question. I checked our constitution and it states that draft order is determined by random draw via a third party website.

That doesn't mean we can't change it.

I actually like the idea of the Kentucky Derby Style of drawing for spots. For those not familiar with it, here's the essence of it:

Each owner would privately submit their preferred draft slots to the commish (me), in order from most preferred to least preferred. Lets say you love the 4 spot but hate the 11 spot. Your PM to me might look like this:
4, 5, 3, 6, 7, 1, 2, 12, 10, 8, 9, 11.

Then the co-commish (murph) would randomly draw a pick order. Every owner would get their highest available draft slot pick based on that random draw.

Lets say murph draws m16a first. m16a gets his first choice... In this case he said he wanted the 2nd pick.
Then murph draws my name. My first choice was the 2 spot, but since that's already taken, I get my next choice, which was the 10th spot. I would continue to read owners' draft preferences from left to right in the order that murph drew them.

The advantage to this draft style, obviously, is that you have a good chance of drawing a draft slot that you want while likely avoiding one that you don't want. In my past experiences with this, a high percentage of owners drew a spot that they were pretty happy with.
Indibuck

Postby Dolfan19 » Sat May 25, 2013 1:32 pm

Indibuck wrote:I actually like the idea of the Kentucky Derby Style of drawing for spots. For those not familiar with it, here's the essence of it:

Each owner would privately submit their preferred draft slots to the commish (me), in order from most preferred to least preferred. Lets say you love the 4 spot but hate the 11 spot. Your PM to me might look like this:
4, 5, 3, 6, 7, 1, 2, 12, 10, 8, 9, 11.

Then the co-commish (murph) would randomly draw a pick order. Every owner would get their highest available draft slot pick based on that random draw.

Lets say murph draws m16a first. m16a gets his first choice... In this case he said he wanted the 2nd pick.
Then murph draws my name. My first choice was the 2 spot, but since that's already taken, I get my next choice, which was the 10th spot. I would continue to read owners' draft preferences from left to right in the order that murph drew them.

The advantage to this draft style, obviously, is that you have a good chance of drawing a draft slot that you want while likely avoiding one that you don't want. In my past experiences with this, a high percentage of owners drew a spot that they were pretty happy with.

I will second this for a vote.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

PreviousNext

Return to Ambulance Chasers