2 keeper formats..which one sounds more reasonable? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

2 keeper formats..which one sounds more reasonable?

Moderator: Football Moderators

2 keeper formats..which one sounds more reasonable?

Postby vextc05 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:28 pm

We came up with 2 formats...both formats u get to keep 2 players for up to 3 yrs where last yr was considered as yr 1...So here's the 1st format

1) You lose the round that you drafted ur keeper league..So say u drafted gronkowski in 7th and picked up cruz in free agent (free agent keepers is an automatic 8th rounder) you lose a 7th and 8th round for up to 3 yrs...You can drop any of ur keeper players before the 3rd yr is up (where the 3 yr rule would kicked in again) and u would just lose the round where ur new keeper was drafted in...Any keeper past the 8th round is considered an 8th rounder..(8th round is the max a team loses)

2nd format

2) You lose the round u drafted ur player the 2nd yr since last yrs draft is considered as the 1st yr but the following yr the 2 keepers turn into a 1st or 2nd rounder unless u drop them for a new keeper that u drafted..For an example...(ill use the same players as other format) you keep gronk (7th rounder) and cruz (8th rounder)..this years draft ull lose a 7th and 8th rounder but next yr if u keep both gronk will be a 1st rounder and cruz will be a 2nd...but say u keep mike wallace the following yr who u drafted in 5th round and drop cruz...then u would lose a 1st for gronk and a 5th for wallace..but following yr wallace will move up to a 2nd....

Does that make sense? If so which one do you guys like better...I think 1st format is easier and makes more sense but i like 2nd format cause then it eliminates someone benefiting on having newton and only losing a 8th rounder...but i don't like the 2nd cause then a lot of teams will drop players cause they may think their keeper ( who was a later round draft choice) may not be worth a 2nd rounder...
Thoughts? Please dont give me anymore ideas lol We came down to these 2 formats so please give me ur opinion on THESE formats :)
vextc05
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2 keeper formats..which one sounds more reasonable?

Postby shawngee03 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:26 pm

i have never liked being able to keep a guy where he was orginally drafted or picked up. just too much value if you have 3 first rd talents taht yu get to keep rd 6, 7, and 8 for 3 years.

so i like your option 2 best of the 2, but i woudl prefer that you apply a rule to year 2, instead of being able to keep a first rounder at teh orginally drafted spot in year 2. but like you said, no new suggestions
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner