12 team ppr need 10 keepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

12 team ppr need 10 keepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team ppr need 10 keepers

Postby tobias875 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:18 pm

12 team ppr, all tds 6 points need to pick 10 of these guys to keep, where they were drafted doesn't matter.

QB- Romo, Freeman, Palmer
WR Calvin*, Nicks*, Dez, Julio*, Harvin, Little, TB Mwilliams,
RB- Mathews*, Forte*, Charles*, Murray, Best
TE-Graham*

Right now I'm basically down to 4 four players for 3 spots: Dez, Murray, Romo, Harvin

Do I throw back Romo and hope for a qb to fall rookie or otherwise? I feel being a one qb league it's easier to drop him and keep my wr/rb situation strong. Thoughts?

Starting line up: qb, wr,wr,wr,rb,rb,te,w/r
Last edited by tobias875 on Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tobias875
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 12 team ppr need 10 keepers

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:27 pm

tobias875 wrote:12 team ppr, all tds 6 points need to pick 10 of these guys to keep, where they were drafted doesn't matter.

QB- Romo
WR Calvin*, Nicks*, Dez, Julio
RB- Mathews*, Forte*, Charles*, Murray
TE-Graham*

Right now I'm basically down to 4 four players for 3 spots: Dez, Murray, Romo, Harvin

Do I throw back Romo and hope for a qb to fall rookie or otherwise? I feel being a one qb league it's easier to drop him and keep my wr/rb situation strong. Thoughts?

Here is my 10. I don't think you can gamble at QB, you are too good (great) enough down the rest of your roster to risk getting a crap QB. Throw Harvin back in.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BurritoBoy » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 pm

murphysxm wrote:
tobias875 wrote:12 team ppr, all tds 6 points need to pick 10 of these guys to keep, where they were drafted doesn't matter.

QB- Romo
WR Calvin*, Nicks*, Dez, Julio
RB- Mathews*, Forte*, Charles*, Murray
TE-Graham*

Here is my 10. I don't think you can gamble at QB, you are too good (great) enough down the rest of your roster to risk getting a crap QB. Throw Harvin back in.

This. Getting a bad QB could mean the difference between championship or not. If you throw Romo and keep Calvin, Nicks, Dez, Julio, Harvin, Matthews, Forte, Charles, Murray and Graham, and you happen to get stuck with a crappy QB then you would have to trade away a couple of those really good top 10 players to land that QB. I would consider Romo to be a top 10 fantasy QB, you can't risk that, and you probably won't find another top 10 guy in the draft, unless someone threw one back cuz they had someone like Rivers, and Newton/Stafford as backups.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:15 am

I agree with the guys above...but, I would think about taking harvin over dez.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby K0wned » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:51 am

B3N1ZJAM1N wrote:I agree with the guys above...but, I would think about taking harvin over dez.

This, Harvin is one of my favorite guys going into next year; would hate to give him up, QB is more important though. I personally would throw Harvin back, and then attempt to draft him. Your team is stacked though.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:22 am

I would keep;
mathews
Forte
Charles
Murray
Calvin
nicks
Julio
Dez
graham
Romo

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:26 am

QB- Romo, Freeman, Palmer
WR Calvin*, Nicks*, Dez, Julio*, Harvin, Little, TB Mwilliams,
RB- Mathews*, Forte*, Charles*, Murray, Best
TE-Graham*

Starting line up: qb, wr,wr,wr,rb,rb,te,w/r

Calvin
Nicks
Dez
Julio
Harvin
Mathews
Forte
Charles
Murray
Graham

are all far better keepers than Romo. Take your chances in the draft, or use your talent to acquire a QB via trade.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions