*****Keeper dilemma***** - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

*****Keeper dilemma*****

Moderator: Football Moderators

*****Keeper dilemma*****

Postby gersh71 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:06 pm

10 team, 2 keeper. Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, K I can keep 2.. Td heavy league with small bonuses for yardage etc.. If i keep 2 i draft in rd 3. If I keep 1 I draft in rd 2. etc. I am deciding between AP, Marshawn Lynch, Forte, Nicks. Im leaning towards AP and Lynch. I dont think Forte is worth much in a TD league, he doesnt score much as it is, and Bush will vulture even more scores. Nicks is a thought, but WR are deep this yr. Id hate to toss away AP in a keeper league, and Marshawn makes me a little worried. He got his $$ and may revert back to his old lazy self. Do I keep AP and Lynch? One of them? None? I wont draft until late Aug. so I have time, but would love to hear advice from the cafe. Thanx! ;-D
When nobody has your back, you gotta MOVE your back.
gersh71
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: *****Keeper dilemma*****

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:14 pm

Do you know your draft slot yet?
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby gersh71 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:46 pm

I should have the ninth pick. If I keep 2 and some owners keep 0, they must draft until they have their 2 hold players, b4 i make a pick.
When nobody has your back, you gotta MOVE your back.
gersh71
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:32 pm

I think Lynch is a no brainer in a TD heavy league. I'm still not comfortable keeping AP with his injury issues/concerns. I think I would stick to just Lynch and assume most will keep two and set yourself up to take best available in the 2nd.

However, if the AP fairy tale recovery continues and come August he is healthy, you kind of want that guy on your team
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:45 pm

murphysxm wrote:I think Lynch is a no brainer in a TD heavy league. I'm still not comfortable keeping AP with his injury issues/concerns. I think I would stick to just Lynch and assume most will keep two and set yourself up to take best available in the 2nd.

However, if the AP fairy tale recovery continues and come August he is healthy, you kind of want that guy on your team

I agree with this. ;-D Lynch is a lock and I would wait to see if AP is fully heathy to decide to keep him or not.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:31 pm

Because of this:
gersh71 wrote:I should have the ninth pick. If I keep 2 and some owners keep 0, they must draft until they have their 2 hold players, b4 i make a pick.

I agree with this:

11stever11 wrote:
murphysxm wrote:I think Lynch is a no brainer in a TD heavy league. I'm still not comfortable keeping AP with his injury issues/concerns. I think I would stick to just Lynch and assume most will keep two and set yourself up to take best available in the 2nd.

I agree with this. ;-D Lynch is a lock and I would wait to see if AP is fully heathy to decide to keep him or not.

If you had an earlier pick I may have told you to throw them all back... but 9th means you should keep Lynch, and barring any setbacks, I would keep AP as well in lieu of a 2nd round pick.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Scotsman88 » Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:10 pm

Lynch looked good last year late....and Nicks is a good bet for other....

answer mine...
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=517582
Scotsman88
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions