Misc Chatter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to 2012 Cafe Mock Auction

Misc Chatter

Moderators: joejlitz, Football Moderators

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:28 am

Matt Prater already drafted by Perfectibilist
Please have TheGreatEmperor re-nominate a new K

i can see as mock getting close to being finish, it's gonna get really messy with nominating time frame, $ and draft bidding, and players taken or not....etc
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 994
(Past Year: 234)
Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:09 pm

That's why I've always found that nominating players once you win them is the best way to slow auction mock. That way when you're done you're done.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9934
(Past Year: 63)
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: East Lansing

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Chaoyi Shih wrote:i believe Perfectlist has exceeded $15 extra due to missing player: Eric Decker $19



OK guys, this is how it's going to go. I spoke to joejlitz about this; he is putting the finishing touches on a paper and won't be able to address this until tomorrow at the earliest; in the spirit of keeping the draft moving, he has asked me to explain and implement the plan.


In a nutshell, here's the issue. perfectbilist did not record his winning bid for Eric Decker ($19) on his roster.

Before counting Decker, he is at $195, with a $2 bid (currently the high bid) on Jacquizz Rogers, with two more spots to fill (assuming the bid finishes highest).

Including Decker, he is currently at $214, with a $2 bid on Jacquizz Rodgers, and two spots to fill... meaning $218 to fill his roster. This is obviously illegal and must be rectified.

Decker will count on perfectbilist's roster, since chronologically, it should. But since we are over the $200 budget, we have to make his past few winning bids null and void to get back to within budget. In reverse chronological order, they are:

Titus Young DET $6
CJ Spiller BUF $14
Antonio Brown PIT $15

He will then be at $179. Perfectbilist is hit with a 2% penalty for going over his budget ($1), meaning he is at $180 spent. His current bid for Jacquizz Rodgers is good and stands as currently bid. Assuming that bid goes through, he will have $18 to acquire 6 players.

Young, Spiller, and Brown will now be placed up for bids, starting as $1 bids for perfectbilist.

Look... I understand it was, in all likelihood, an honest mistake, and we all make them. This is the best and fairest way we could come up with to fix the issue and do our best to maintain the integrity of the draft.

Lesson to be learned here: please triple check your numbers as wrap this up. Make sure your roster info is up to date.

If you have any concerns, please share them with me privately via PM. Carry on.
Indibuck
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4455
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 8 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fort Rain

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby petedog9 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:30 pm

Seems like the best course of action.. I just wish I had more $$ left now... :~(

:-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2964
Joined: 7 Nov 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Sacramento CA

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:34 pm

petedog9 wrote:Seems like the best course of action.. I just wish I had more $$ left now... :~(

:-D


The guy with $6 left here agrees with you.
Indibuck
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4455
(Past Year: 194)
Joined: 8 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fort Rain

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby Perfectibilist » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:19 pm

I would like to sincerely apologize for, once again, screwing something up. I think I have my roster and info updated correctly, but please feel free to double-check. Thank you all for bearing with me through my obvious mental deficiency.
Image
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 662
Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Denver

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby TheGreatEmperor » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:25 pm

Prater was not on Players Tooken list, which is why i nominated him.


Chaoyi Shih wrote:Matt Prater already drafted by Perfectibilist
Please have TheGreatEmperor re-nominate a new K

i can see as mock getting close to being finish, it's gonna get really messy with nominating time frame, $ and draft bidding, and players taken or not....etc
TheGreatEmperor
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 263
Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:45 pm

TheGreatEmperor wrote:Prater was not on Players Tooken list, which is why i nominated him.


Chaoyi Shih wrote:Matt Prater already drafted by Perfectibilist
Please have TheGreatEmperor re-nominate a new K

i can see as mock getting close to being finish, it's gonna get really messy with nominating time frame, $ and draft bidding, and players taken or not....etc


directly copy and paste from Players Tooken list thread
Stupid Kickers
Steven Gostkowski, NE, $4
David Akers, SF, $2
Mason Crosby, GB, $2
Dan Bailey, DAL, $1
Sebastian Janikowski, OAK, $1
Matt Prater, DEN, $1
Garrett Hartley, NO, $1
Matt Bryant, ATL, $1
Alex Henery, PHI, $1

you can find him below Janikowski and above Hartley
unless there's another Matt Prater from DEN at K position, then i sincerely apologize
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 994
(Past Year: 234)
Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby TheGreatEmperor » Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:40 am

My bad, accept my apologies.

Chaoyi Shih wrote:
TheGreatEmperor wrote:Prater was not on Players Tooken list, which is why i nominated him.


Chaoyi Shih wrote:Matt Prater already drafted by Perfectibilist
Please have TheGreatEmperor re-nominate a new K

i can see as mock getting close to being finish, it's gonna get really messy with nominating time frame, $ and draft bidding, and players taken or not....etc


directly copy and paste from Players Tooken list thread
Stupid Kickers
Steven Gostkowski, NE, $4
David Akers, SF, $2
Mason Crosby, GB, $2
Dan Bailey, DAL, $1
Sebastian Janikowski, OAK, $1
Matt Prater, DEN, $1
Garrett Hartley, NO, $1
Matt Bryant, ATL, $1
Alex Henery, PHI, $1

you can find him below Janikowski and above Hartley
unless there's another Matt Prater from DEN at K position, then i sincerely apologize
TheGreatEmperor
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 263
Joined: 2 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby petedog9 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 am

I just won Tamme which was my nomination. I now have 14 players rosterred and am the current high bidder on Mendy. Therefore, I will not be nominating another player until that auction closes as I will be at my salary cap and my roster will be full... ;-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2964
Joined: 7 Nov 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Sacramento CA

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Cafe Mock Auction

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:38 hours
(and 43 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact