Misc Chatter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2012 Cafe Mock Auction

Misc Chatter

Moderators: joejlitz, Football Moderators

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:52 am

joejlitz wrote:The Mock Auction is almost over and it seems you guys liked this, which makes me glad.

With that said, I'm off to New York soon and am going to hand over the auction entirely to Thrifty. Murphy has agreed to help out as well. Thanks, guys.

I've given all your names to the mods so you can earn yards; plus mocking bird icons for:
Chaoyi Shih
eaglesrock (yes they do)
nicdolas
TheGreatEmperor

Thanks to you four for stepping up and joining a mock for the first time. The cafe is a community of FF enthusiasts. The more we invite new folks to take part in our activities, the bigger the community grows and the more fun for everyone.

Thanks again guys. Good times.

Litz

As an update, you all have been awarded your yards for participation and the new icons have been awarded
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:48 pm

We have another issue I believe. Perfect has two winning nominations and only one roster spot available. It looks like he has an extra Bench spot listed in the roster thread, but we only have 6 bench spots.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:52 pm

murphysxm wrote:We have another issue I believe. Perfect has two winning nominations and only one roster spot available. It looks like he has an extra Bench spot listed in the roster thread, but we only have 6 bench spots.

So he gets Ryan Williams, earlier bid, penalty is near 0 for so little budget left, his draft is over.

Wilson is open for another 24h with Perfect's bid revoked.

Sound about right?
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Indibuck » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:56 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
murphysxm wrote:We have another issue I believe. Perfect has two winning nominations and only one roster spot available. It looks like he has an extra Bench spot listed in the roster thread, but we only have 6 bench spots.

So he gets Ryan Williams, earlier bid, penalty is near 0 for so little budget left, his draft is over.

Sound about right?

;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Devil Doc » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:36 pm

Indibuck wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:

Sound about right?

;-D

Doesn't that make me the leading bid? I've only got one roster spot left and have a lead bid on Kendall Wright. Not that I'm worried that I'm going to be penalized, as I went off of what was already out there, the only way I see this working is if the Kendall Wright nomination taken off, and the David Wilson bid continue until either I win Wilson or someone else out bids me.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Postby Indibuck » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Devil Doc wrote:
Indibuck wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:

Sound about right?

;-D

Doesn't that make me the leading bid? I've only got one roster spot left and have a lead bid on Kendall Wright. Not that I'm worried that I'm going to be penalized, as I went off of what was already out there, the only way I see this working is if the Kendall Wright nomination taken off, and the David Wilson bid continue until either I win Wilson or someone else out bids me.

Yeah, I've gone back to verify this, and Doc is correct.

I am locking the Kendall Wright thread... he is able to be placed on the bidding block by any (other) owner for as low as $1. If you wish to bid on him, just start a new post with your bid.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Indibuck wrote:
Devil Doc wrote:
Indibuck wrote: ;-D

Yeah, I've gone back to verify this, and Doc is correct.

I am locking the Kendall Wright thread... he is able to be placed on the bidding block by any (other) owner for as low as $1. If you wish to bid on him, just start a new post with your bid.

for Ryan Williams
the lastest bid $3 was on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:27 am
and it's still Sat July 21, 2012 10:50pm, probably locked too early

well, just wanted to point out, since i was debating if i should bid on him because he is backup of Beanie Wells (my RB2).
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:19 pm

Crap, well I unlocked it. If you want to bid, Perf will just have to nom someone else.
thriftyrocker

Postby Perfectibilist » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:30 am

thriftyrocker wrote:Crap, well I unlocked it. If you want to bid, Perf will just have to nom someone else.

I understand that it was unlocked, but I don't understand why it's unlocked until 11PM. My last bid was Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 pm (PDT), so it should have locked at Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:27 pm (PDT) which was slightly over 10 hours ago.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thriftyrocker » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:12 pm

Perfectibilist wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:Crap, well I unlocked it. If you want to bid, Perf will just have to nom someone else.

I understand that it was unlocked, but I don't understand why it's unlocked until 11PM. My last bid was Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 pm (PDT), so it should have locked at Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:27 pm (PDT) which was slightly over 10 hours ago.

That's when we realized the problem. That's what we've done all draft, give 24h after the problem was realized. Didn't matter anyway. :cheers:
thriftyrocker

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Cafe Mock Auction