Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 234)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby Dolfan19 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:32 am

Chaoyi Shih wrote:are we going to play this out?
or it's just mock?

looks like more people would be interested if after the mock is over we all got a little bit more money and did maybe 3 more rounds. That way most of the talent would be gone and we wouldn't really need the waiver wire, so it would pretty much be just starting and sitting your active guys during the season. good for ppl in lots of leagues. I'm okay with however everybody wants to play it out. Joe, could you sticky a misc vote thread so we can discuss the topic?
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby eaglesrock » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:14 am

That sounds good. Any chance we each throw a few bucks in the pot to sweeten the deal? I will go up to $100.
eaglesrock
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Dolfan19 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:37 am

Murphy 7/1 @ 10:30 active bids:

McFadden - 49
Forte - 41
Murray - 40
Turner - 17
Jackson - 23

Total active bids = 170, Money left is 163, and max bid is 150.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:25 am

Dolfan19 wrote:Murphy 7/1 @ 10:30 active bids:

McFadden - 49
Forte - 41
Murray - 40
Turner - 17
Jackson - 23

My bad, just getting back into draft from vacation, got a little over excited. I don't believe I will win all of these, but what is the protocol since I am over extended? Do I removed the last ones I made until I am"legal" again? It looks like Murray was my bad bid. I defer to the powers to be since I am new to this auction format. Correction McFadden was the bad bid.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby joejlitz » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:36 am

murphysxm wrote:

McFadden - 49
Forte - 41
Murray - 40
Turner - 17
Jackson - 23

My bad, just getting back into draft from vacation, got a little over excited. I don't believe I will win all of these, but what is the protocol since I am over extended? Do I removed the last ones I made until I am"legal" again? It looks like Murray was my bad bid. I defer to the powers to be since I am new to this auction format. Correction McFadden was the bad bid.

Yes - when this happens, the first and any subsequent bids that take you over your pot are removed - which I will do now.
Thanks for pointing this out D. Keep each other honest.

Dolfan19 wrote:looks like more people would be interested if after the mock is over we all got a little bit more money and did maybe 3 more rounds. That way most of the talent would be gone and we wouldn't really need the waiver wire, so it would pretty much be just starting and sitting your active guys during the season. good for ppl in lots of leagues. I'm okay with however everybody wants to play it out. Joe, could you sticky a misc vote thread so we can discuss the topic?

I lost my Spider-Man powers and can no longer Sticky. Thrifty - can you make it happen?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:16 pm

please add
A. Rodger $45
D. Brees $37
MJD $42
onto player taken list
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 234)

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:35 pm

Reminder:

3) Once bids are made, they are not allowed to be changed, regardless of whether the bid has been raised or whether other bidding has increased on other players. Once you click submit, you may not go back and change your bid.

RULE ADDENDUM: Repeat offenders will be penalized 2% of their remaining salary. Don't be that guy! :-b ;-D
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:41 pm

joejlitz wrote:
murphysxm wrote:

McFadden - 49
Forte - 41
Murray - 40
Turner - 17
Jackson - 23

Yes - when this happens, the first and any subsequent bids that take you over your pot are removed - which I will do now.
Thanks for pointing this out D. Keep each other honest.

In rereading the rules, I just noticed that Murph should have been penalized 2% of his remaining salary. I don't think it is fair to do it now, so Murph skates on this one. Just continue to police yourselves, guys. Next infraction will be penalized.

Thanks ;-D
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby joejlitz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:46 pm

petedog and Chayoi are up to make new nominations.
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Cafe Mock Auction