Misc Chatter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2012 Cafe Mock Auction

Misc Chatter

Moderators: joejlitz, Football Moderators

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby Dolfan19 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:22 pm

What's up with the deleted bids aawall? I first noticed one on Wes Welker, and then again on 49ers D. Joe, I thought you couldn't win a player(49ers) if you edit a bid. I thought Murphy was ahead since last night in that auction, I guess when a bid is deleted the thread doesn't highlight in red and notify ppl that a new bid has been placed.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:41 pm

Dolfan19 wrote:What's up with the deleted bids aawall? I first noticed one on Wes Welker, and then again on 49ers D. Joe, I thought you couldn't win a player(49ers) if you edit a bid. I thought Murphy was ahead since last night in that auction, I guess when a bid is deleted the thread doesn't highlight in red and notify ppl that a new bid has been placed.

The Welker bid was invalid and AAA tried to fix his mistakes. In the future - and this applies to all - please post if you made invalid bids and need to correct them. Don't just delete your post because both Joe and I see deleted posts and will assume malfeasence.

It was our decision that the SF bid should stand but that Murphy and others have a full 24h to bid it up again. We are willing to listen to arguments to the contrary.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:52 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:It was our decision that the SF bid should stand but that Murphy and others have a full 24h to bid it up again. We are willing to listen to arguments to the contrary.

I'm the guy that over spent, so not casting stones, I'm just curious what happened. There was no visible bid I could see. I just thought I won the bid and am curious what happened. It's a defense, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Dolfan19 wrote:What's up with the deleted bids aawall? I first noticed one on Wes Welker, and then again on 49ers D. Joe, I thought you couldn't win a player(49ers) if you edit a bid. I thought Murphy was ahead since last night in that auction, I guess when a bid is deleted the thread doesn't highlight in red and notify ppl that a new bid has been placed.

What I told joe...

At the time I had miscalculated my money (by about $20). I somehow missed I won Jennings, and left him off my calculations. I overbid when I made a bid on Welker, I immediately after made a bid on the 49ers.

Every mock I've been in counts any bids placed with money that doesn't exist null and void...so I assumed all bids I made with non-existent money were null and void.

Since we don't have a penalty system (for example some auctions it's like 2% of your remaining budget if you over bid), rather than wait and let others notice or, the real issue at hand, let artificially inflated prices on players exist I just nulled all illegal bids.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Perfectibilist » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Gostkowski already won for $4, need a new nomination.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:57 pm

Perfectibilist wrote:Gostkowski already won for $4, need a new nomination.

Thanks for the heads up, Dan Bailey is up. Gostkowski can be deleted.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:21 pm

aaawall91 ($36) and Chaoyi Shih ($37), be careful how you bid from now on. You guys can't have active bids worth more than you have left in your bank account.

Good luck! ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Perfectibilist missed his 24 hour window, so I nominated Maclin for him.

He then came in and nominated Victor Cruz. I took that thread down, because he can't have 2 people nominated at once.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Perfectibilist » Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:26 pm

My bad. I was at work when I got the PM and for whatever reason was thinking I had 24 hours from then rather than from when the winning bid expired.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby petedog9 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:34 pm

I added Redman to my Roster and nominated Bowe... :-D
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager