Misc Chatter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2012 Cafe Mock Auction

Misc Chatter

Moderators: joejlitz, Football Moderators

Re: Misc Chatter

Postby eaglesrock » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:57 am

I think we should give Pete A Hern for his bid before Murphs post ($15 I think??). I agree with him. I dont think the 10 min would have made a difference. I didnt realize it was that close. Just my opinion, up to you guys though.
eaglesrock
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby petedog9 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:17 am

Thanks eaglesrock, but it's cool... Theres other fish in the sea. It's only a mock. I am over it and don't want him anymore regardless.

I have rosterred Lloyd and pm'ed Dolphan to nominate a new player.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:46 pm

TheGreatEmperor missed a 24h clock. I will make a nom for him. He should be PM'ed when the auction I start ends.

No $ penalty but 3 strikes and you may be replaced.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thriftyrocker » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:07 pm

What is the feeling on the pace of the draft?

Is the 24h clock for bidding to end too much/too little/or about right?
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby murphysxm » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:11 pm

I'm not sure I have a better option, but I feel like it is too long. Probably because every auction I have done has been live and real time. Just a big adjustment.

Love auctions though
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:23 pm

i feel 24hrs is good time frame, however, i'll just suggest set a max time frame for every nominated player so some player doesn't take 1 weeks to complete. 4-5 days max should be good enough
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby Perfectibilist » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:17 am

I know that it's crappy, but some things do come up in real life, and sometimes people miss their window to nominate a player. The thing I would like to see is either the owner that missed their clock be PM'ed that a nomination was made for them, or maybe a parenthesis after the player name saying (for *****).

Case in point, I missed my window on Prater (yes, I was the only bidder, even I am embarrassed that I missed it). But when I was able to log on again, I don't know whether or not to nominate a player because there are currently 11 players up for bid and I don't know if one is for me or not.

If this is not feasible, or if I am causing undue burden then I would ask for an alternate to replace me. At the time I volunteered for this I was working a fairly mundane job with a set schedule, but I am now working shift-work in an E.R. I have enjoyed the draft thus far, but I don't want to ruin the experience for others. Thanks.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joejlitz » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 am

Perfectibilist wrote:Case in point, I missed my window on Prater (yes, I was the only bidder, even I am embarrassed that I missed it). But when I was able to log on again, I don't know whether or not to nominate a player because there are currently 11 players up for bid and I don't know if one is for me or not.

When you look and see there are 11 players up for bid, look at the usernames of all the people who initiated the bid. If you are not one of them, it might be your turn. See if any of the names are joejlitz, thriftyrocker, scottaa1, or DVauthrin (the alternates). If they are, they nominated for you and you have to wait until the bidding has ended on that player to make another nomination.

Perfectibilist wrote:If this is not feasible, or if I am causing undue burden then I would ask for an alternate to replace me. At the time I volunteered for this I was working a fairly mundane job with a set schedule, but I am now working shift-work in an E.R. I have enjoyed the draft thus far, but I don't want to ruin the experience for others. Thanks.

You know, the good thing with this draft is that no one REALLY has to wait too long for some action. If you miss your 24 hour window, people still have 11 other players to bid on and fight for. I don't THINK there is any need to replace anyone and I don't think anyone else does either, given we haven't had a single complaint - which is VERY common in regular formats.

Life happens. Just tell life not to happen three times in the same draft. ;-)
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Dolfan19 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:09 am

thriftyrocker wrote:What is the feeling on the pace of the draft?

Is the 24h clock for bidding to end too much/too little/or about right?

Seems long, but like someone else said, for a slow auction where everyone is not present at one time, I cannot think of a much better format. So, I guess it's about right.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby joejlitz » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:07 am

We've got about 50 more players to go and there are still some gems out there.

And if you are up for nomination, make sure you nominate. If you are supposed to nominate and instead you are online bidding on other players, I can see that. ;-)

I know those are honest mistakes, but try to keep your obligation to your leaguemates. And please NO APOLOGIES below this message! Just get 'er done. :-D

Keep at it guys! ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

PreviousNext

Return to 2012 Cafe Mock Auction