1) Please refrain from mentioning the names of players who haven't been drafted yet. Experience has shown that doing so tends to generate bias and make players get drafted before they normally would. This rule can be a bit difficult at first but becomes less of a hassle as the draft progresses. Name dropping will result in the post being edited and the offender getting a courtesy copy of this rule sent to them.
2) You must draft an entire starting roster - 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST. So remember to pick up a defense and a kicker instead of stockpiling those last two sleepers. I realize that in a real redraft many folks will wait to get a kicker and defense off free agency just before week one, but in the case of this mock we’d like to get a feel for how you rank D’s and K’s.
3) Once bids are made, they are not allowed to be changed, regardless of whether the bid has been raised or whether other bidding has increased on other players. Once you click submit, you may not go back and change your bid.
4) Alternate Nomination Policy - You have 24 hours to nominate a new player and place an initial bid. When your 24 hour timer is about to expire, alternates will be called to make a nomination for you. Once the timer has fully expired, a manager may still make his nomination as long as no alternate has made the pick. The 24 hour rule is intended to keep the draft moving at a good rate. It’s not the end of the world if someone is taking their entire time allotment to get a pick in, but if someone is consistently not meeting the 24 hour rule, they may end up being replaced with an alternate.
Furthermore, once the alternate has made the nomination, it is final. Even if the next manager has not made his next pick yet, the alternate nomination cannot be changed by the original manager. It doesn't matter if it's a horrible pick and the manager doesn't like the pick made for him. The manager had his chance to make his pick in the 24 hours given.
5) There will be a Draft Discussion Thread and a Miscellaneous chatter thread. The former is for actual discussion and analysis of the mock draft. The latter is for the following:
- someone's time limit has expired
- someone chooses a player already drafted
- you are going to be away and need an alternate
- someone is mentioning names of players who have yet to be drafted
The idea behind having two separate threads is so that we (or other Cafe members) can look back through the Draft Discussion thread later on, and not have to wade through a bunch of miscellaneous discussion. It is your responsibility to understand the difference between these threads and keep the content appropriate.
#7) Please keep you roster updated in the Rosters thread, because it plays into some people's draft strategies. It's okay if you skip a round or two but it's not fair to everyone else if you haven't updated your roster in several weeks.
#8) Each nomination is done by starting a new thread. The title of the thread should have the player name, position, and team (e.g., QB Joe Montana KC). The first message in the thread should be your initial bid on the player. Bids must be at least $1, and opening bids can be any amount as long as it doesn't break your budget.
Mock Draft Settings
6 man bench
Passing Yards (25 yards per point)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Receptions (1 point per reception)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-1)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
0-49 FG = 3 points
50+ FG = 5 points
PAT = 1 point
missed PAT = -1 points
Sack = 1 point
INT = 2 points
FR = 2 points
Blocked Kick = 3 points
Safety = 4 points
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
0 points against (PA) = 10 points
1-6 PA = 8 points
7-13 PA = 5 points
14-20 PA = 2 points
21-27 PA = 0 points
28-34 PA = -2 points
35+ PA = -4 points
During the Auction each owner will begin by nominating 1 player. A player is nominated simply by starting a thread with the player's Position, Name, and NFL Team (example: Arian Foster, RB, HOU) in the title and that owner's starting bid in the message.
Once the player you've nominated has been won in the Auction you are expected to nominate a NEW player -so that at any given time there should be 12 active players up for Auction. If you fail to nominate a NEW player within 24 hours -the commissioner may nominate a player for you.
A player is won in the Auction when a high bid for that player stands without being raised for 24 hours (this is easily tracked by checking the time stamp on each message posted to the board).
All bids are final -It is considered illegal to edit a bid. If we see you edit a bid, you will be disqualified from winning or continuing to bid on THAT player AND the bid placed prior to your illegal (edited) bid will be considered the current high bid. -Please pay careful attention to what you enter with each bid !
Each owner will begin the Auction with $200 to spend acquiring his roster through the Auction. The minimum bid is $1 and the minimum raise is $1 (only whole numbers used, so keep your dimes and nickles for the Coke machine ).
Also, each owner must maintain enough money in reserve to acquire a complete roster of 15 players/defs through the Auction process. In other words, you cannot simply spend all of your $200 on say 12 players. If an owner had acquired 12 players he would be required to have a minimum of $3 left in salary money to spend filling out his roster with minimum bid players. So your bids are not just limited by the amount of remaining money you have, but also the number of players you need to acquire for a full roster.
At the beginnng of the Auction (as an extreme example) -the maximum bid you could place on 1 player would be $186, because you would be bidding on that 1 player but you would need to hold a minimum of $14 in reserve to at least fill out your roster with players at the minimum bid of $1/each.
If an owner has placed more money into active bids than his remaining salary can cover under these rules -then he will be penalized 2% of his remaining salary (decimals of .5 or greater round up) -and all offending bids will be repealed in the time order they were placed -until his outstanding active bids fall below his NOW penalized salary cap.
Once an owner has acquried a full roster (15 players/defs -roster size subject to change based league size), his Auction participation is over. At that point any/all remaining money an owner may have left will be lost, as there will be no salary cap used during the regular season.
RULE ADDENDUM: If you miss your 24 hour clock 3 times in the same mock, you may be replaced by an alternate.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)