Insanely early yahoo draft: My team - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Insanely early yahoo draft: My team

Moderator: Football Moderators

Insanely early yahoo draft: My team

Postby Cali Redneck » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:17 pm

10 team H2H yahoo league with default settings. After my autopick draft and a few minor changes here's what my team looks like. Thoughts?

QB: Michael VIck, Matt Schaub, Robert Griffin III
WR: Steve Smith, Vincent Jackson, Robert Meachem, Michael Floyd, Alshon Jeffery
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Jamaal Charles, Willis McGahee, DeAngelo Williams
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Jason Hanson
DEF: Chicago
Cali Redneck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Insanely early yahoo draft: My team

Postby Indibuck » Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:22 am

Looks like a pretty good team, especially for an autodraft. I would look to trade one of the QBs for more help at RB or WR. Good luck!
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cali Redneck » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 am

Looks like a pretty good team, especially for an autodraft. I would look to trade one of the QBs for more help at RB or WR. Good luck!

Yeah Schaub was one of a couple players on the team I posted that I didn't draft and was able to pick up later. I picked him up for exactly the reason you suggest, so I could hopefully trade one of my QB's for RB or WR depth. I also didn't wanna end up without a decent backup if RG3 ends up being a bust.
Cali Redneck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:24 am

Cali Redneck wrote: I also didn't wanna end up without a decent backup if RG3 ends up being a bust.

and for when Vick is injured (sorry, Iggles fans, but we all know he'll miss some time).

If Charles comes back reasonably well you've got a pretty good team there.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby dagnuk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:49 pm

I am not blown away, but for an autodraft, it's surprisingly solid. You don't have any immediately pressing needs, and with Vick, you could always hope to capitalize on another's Vick-love if you wished to take offers.

Full disclosure: I love Vick, and he's won me $$ before, and that leads me to believe that somebody might be willing to make a bad deal for themselves to land him.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby northernpackfan » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:22 am

dagnuk wrote:Full disclosure: I love Vick, and he's won me $$ before, and that leads me to believe that somebody might be willing to make a bad deal for themselves to land him.

Especially if he plays well in the first 3 weeks. With games against Cleveland, Baltimore and Arizona, there's a good chance you can sell Vick high before he gets injured.

Not a bad autodraft, but you have a ton of question marks at WR; one guy is old, 2 just switched teams, and the other 2 are unproven rookies. To me, that's your biggest weakness.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Roster Ratings