(another) insanely early autodraft - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

(another) insanely early autodraft

Moderator: Football Moderators

(another) insanely early autodraft

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:35 am

Each year I join a completely anonymous yahoo autodraft team as my screw around league. Sometimes it's nice not to know anyone ;-)

QB: Eli, Dalton
RB: Mathews, DMC, BJGE
WR: Andre, Miles, Britt, Garcon, Doug Baldwin
TE: Witten, Tamme
K: Kasey, Bryant
D: the ilidel

First step will be getting a little more RB depth. Some of the guys still available are Starks, PT, DAW, Michael Bush, Donald Brown, Mendy. So I'll drop Bryant for another RB. I'll probably swap Baldwin out for another WR that I like more. Not sure I want to cut my second TE. I don't usually carry two of them in this type of league but Tamme could really surprise. I can drop Dalton to free up another spot for a RB or WR.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: (another) insanely early autodraft

Postby dagnuk » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:44 pm

I agree with your assessments of your team. Without knowing the top WRs available, the two moves I'd make right now are dropping Bryant and Doug Baldwin for Starks and Donald Brown. Dropping a backup Kicker and a WR you will hopefully never have to start for 2 more starting RB's in June is the way to go. You can always get a WR of Baldwin's preseason caliber on the waiver wire, and package the RBs for Wrs, later. You have a lot of time to tinker, and although RBs are becoming devalued in drafts, there's no reason not to hoard and deal.

I also agree with holding onto Tamme. Unless, of course, the Peyton hype becomes too much to manage, and you get to sell high on him. By sell high, I am basically saying move him for Witten's value (or move Witten, if that asking price is met).
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby northernpackfan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:39 am

I agree with dropping Bryant for Donald Brown. I'm not high on Starks, since the Packers don't run enough, and I have a feeling that there are a few backs in GB who will be sharing the carries this year.

I'm on the fence with Baldwin, as I think he could be a bit of a steal. He should have better QB play, regardless of its whether Flynn plays, Wilson takes over, or Jackson steps up and wins the QB competition. He could also have a breakout year. Even though most WRs reach their potential in their 3rd year, 2nd year breakouts seem to be more common in recent years. It really depends on who is left on the WW. If you post some of the top WR FAs, perhaps you can get some more feedback on this matter.

As for Tamme, I'd hang onto him through TC, and see if he sticks. Peyton loves his TEs, and he has rapport with Tamme, so he could have a lot of potential. He and Dreesen are both likely to make the team after the Seahawks committed $3.5M to each, but with Tamme's connection to Manning, he's far more likely to be the outlet that Peyton trusts.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 am

Welp, I managed to drop Bryant for Brown. I guess every guy in front of my on the wire got in an acquisition before today's go-live date. Oh well.

Some names still available:

Meachem
DAW
Ridley
David Wilson
Spiller
LeShoure
Ingram
PT
Tate
Starks
Gerhart
Manningham
Pead
Bess
Collie (worth a pickup?)
Amendola
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Return to Roster Ratings