Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker?

Postby Godofbeasts9494 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:56 pm

Who do you guys think will have a better year?
Godofbeasts9494
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Demaryius Thomas od Eric Decker?

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:56 am

Thomas. He will be the most athletic and physically talented WR Manning will ever have to work with. If Manning is back to his old ways, I can see Thomas having a very, very good year.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:12 pm

I like Thomas better - if he can stay healthy he should put up solid numbers. Decker is also solid and with Manning at the helm there will be plenty of balls to spread around so he should also have good production.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:19 pm

If Thomas wants too and Peyton is able, the sky is the limit. Decker may have a higher basement, but certainly has a lower ceiling.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:31 pm

moochman wrote:If Thomas wants too and Peyton is able, the sky is the limit. Decker may have a higher basement, but certainly has a lower ceiling.

Agree with this. Though while I do agree with it, I think it's notable to point out he had 8 TD's last year in spotty play with subpar QB play. Just a slight increase and he's looking at double digit TD's and with a healthy Peyton he should easily amass over 1100 yards. He's got a pretty high ceiling himself so I don't want it to sound like he's some average WR even though I agree with the premise.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Free John Beck » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 pm

All of the above is true, however it's worth pointing out that Decker is the much better value with where he will likely be drafted in comparison with the early pick you would have to use to get Thomas.
Free John Beck
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby northernpackfan » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:36 am

Free John Beck wrote:All of the above is true, however it's worth pointing out that Decker is the much better value with where he will likely be drafted in comparison with the early pick you would have to use to get Thomas.

Very true. Decker should be able to be had as a later round guy, whereas Thomas is going to be on everyone's radar.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Demaryius Thomas or Eric Decker?

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:47 pm

Broncos wide receiver Demaryius Thomas out to prove he can be a No. 1 guy
Posted: 07/29/2012 12:24:49 AM MDT
Updated: 07/29/2012 06:25:54 AM MDT
By Lindsay H. Jones
The Denver Post

After his first full training camp practice in nearly two years, Demaryius Thomas escaped to the weight room, then stripped off his white No. 88 practice jersey and cleats. He walked gingerly through the parking lot in his socks, and slowly lowered himself onto a picnic table bench.

He was exhausted in the best way possible.

Thomas made one of the biggest catches in Broncos history, catapulting him to the verge of stardom, as clips of his 80-yard game-winning catch against Pittsburgh replayed over and over throughout the offseason. The play capped a stellar end of the season for Thomas, giving Broncos fans — and his coaches — a glimpse at his enormous potential. Yet plenty of questions remain about the young

Thomas is technically a veteran as he heads into his third professional season, yet he's participating in basically his first training camp after foot and Achilles tendon injuries kept him on the sidelines and in the training room for most or all of the past two camps.

"It's a big step because I've been hurt my past two years, so to be able to go all the way through (the offseason) and start training camp, it is exciting," Thomas said.

It is possible no position group is under more pressure this camp than the wide receivers. They're learning a new offense under a demanding quarterback. The terminology and many of the passing routes remain the same from what Thomas, Eric Decker and Matt Willis learned back in 2010, but the tempo and precision is far different under Peyton Manning than it was under Kyle Orton.

con't...

more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21 ... broncos-wr
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 2ksports » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:51 pm

2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:07 pm

Gonna be interesting to see how the battle between Thomas & Decker plays out in training camp. Of course in a Peyton Manning led offense, no reason both these guys can't be successful.
stomperrob

Next

Return to Football Talk