Live drafters, where do you go? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Live drafters, where do you go?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Live drafters, where do you go?

Postby xclusive1987 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:19 pm

For vereyone that does a live draft, what types of things do you do on your draft day?

This year I was debating between have the draft on the beach or renting out a pavillion for the day. The current champion has a beach house, but unfortunately it would be a 2 hour drive, plus we would have to pay to get on the beach and would not be able to have any adult beverages.

I'm currently leaning towards the pavillion which also has a grass softball field and some grills. That way we could do a division vs division wiffleball game and maybe some bean bags after the draft. Only problem with this is if it rains (which it has for our past 2 drafts.)

What types of things do you guys do?
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Live drafters, where do you go?

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:40 am

we just rent an area at our favorite bar and get really drunk. it always helps to pay for your own bartender

we ahve always wanted to do something similar at a local Titter, but the wives havent ok'ed it as of yet. fingers crossed :-o
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:19 pm

I am a fan of heading to the best league member's man cave and BYOB. I am in too many leagues to spend big bucks at each draft....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby flint650 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:12 am

We have typically done our draft at someone's house, but that is changing this year because people are having kids and it is less realistic to do that. So this year we have reserved a couple hotel suites next to an area with a lot of restaurants/bars. We'll go eat, get back to the room and draft, and then head out for some fun and have a safe place to crash. All in its only $32 bucks per person.
flint650
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby LSUby50 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:11 pm

We try to have an annual golf scramble before the draft, and last year it became a 1-club challenge. Makes for some good pre-draft wheeling and dealing.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby Ruby Tues. » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:26 am

We hold our draft at the house of the last place finisher. So I'm sad to say, this year it's at my house. Anyway the first place winner kicks in for part of the dinner. We eat, drink, and draft. Then a poker game usually breaks out.

Cant wait to draft, good luck fellas!

Ruby
Standard 12 team non ppr:
QB- Romo, Locker
WR- R. White, B. Marshall, R. Wayne, and P. Garcon
RB- L. McCoy, D. Martin, K. Smith, P. Hillis, and M. Goodsen
TE- G. Olsen
K- M. Bryant
D- Hou
Ruby Tues.
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff