Roddy White or Julio Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roddy White or Julio Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roddy White or Julio Jones

Postby Godofbeasts9494 » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:47 am

Who will be better this season? who will have a better draft value?
Godofbeasts9494
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Roddy White or Julio Jones

Postby Mr.Joshua » Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Great question, I've been trying to figure it out myself. Draft value is pretty equal, they have been going within 5-6 spots of each other. I think I'm still going Roddy 1st, especially in a ppr. Outside of a few more drops than usual last year, he has shown no signs of slowing down. I say it could end up being very close, a gut call, but for me its still Roddy.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 231)

Postby Calyxes » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:57 pm

I like White for about 1-2 more years in a ppr league. Jones will have some monster games but with what I have been reading, ATL should be throwing the ball more. I think White should get the drops fixed this year and put up his usual numbers.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:39 pm

No way for me. Give me Julio 10 out of 10 times. I'd rather go with the upside vs hoping Roddy hasn't gotten slower, lost a step, or fazed out of the offense. There is way too much going against him, and in the 2nd half of the season last year Julio was the better WR. I'd take him and not look back.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:29 am

LS2throwed wrote:No way for me. Give me Julio 10 out of 10 times. I'd rather go with the upside vs hoping Roddy hasn't gotten slower, lost a step, or fazed out of the offense. There is way too much going against him, and in the 2nd half of the season last year Julio was the better WR. I'd take him and not look back.

I'm not really sure where you got your information from because Julio was not the better WR in the 2nd half of the season, especially not in a PPR league.

In the second half of the season:
White: 57 catches - 795 yards - 5 TDs in 8 games
Jones: 26 catches - 470 yards - 6 TDs in 6 games (missed the Tennessee game and I didn't count his game vs Minnesota where he had 0 receptions, 0 yards, etc.)

This breaks down to:

White: 7.1 receptions - 99.37 yards and .63 touchdowns per week which will equal about 19 points per week in a standard PPR league
Jones: 4.3 receptions - 78.33 yards and 1 touchdown per week which will equal about 18 points per week WITHOUT counting the 2 games I did not take into consideration.

Now should you factor in his two 0 point performances (1 for not playing and the other for putting up a 0 in the stat line) in the second half of the season you are looking at something like this: 3.25 receptions - 58.75 yards per game and .75 TDs per week which will come to about 12.5 points per week.

So just by looking at their statistics and their avg points per week in the second half of the season you can tell White had the better second half.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:31 pm

I think from a value perspective, Roddy will be a better "deal," since all the hype is in Julio's court. I think Julio has a little DeSean Jackson in him. He is going to single-handedly win you 2-3 weeks and also put up a goose egg a couple of games. Give me the consistency of Roddy.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:35 am

Dawinner127 wrote:
LS2throwed wrote:No way for me. Give me Julio 10 out of 10 times. I'd rather go with the upside vs hoping Roddy hasn't gotten slower, lost a step, or fazed out of the offense. There is way too much going against him, and in the 2nd half of the season last year Julio was the better WR. I'd take him and not look back.

I'm not really sure where you got your information from because Julio was not the better WR in the 2nd half of the season, especially not in a PPR league.

In the second half of the season:
White: 57 catches - 795 yards - 5 TDs in 8 games
Jones: 26 catches - 470 yards - 6 TDs in 6 games (missed the Tennessee game and I didn't count his game vs Minnesota where he had 0 receptions, 0 yards, etc.)

This breaks down to:

White: 7.1 receptions - 99.37 yards and .63 touchdowns per week which will equal about 19 points per week in a standard PPR league
Jones: 4.3 receptions - 78.33 yards and 1 touchdown per week which will equal about 18 points per week WITHOUT counting the 2 games I did not take into consideration.

Now should you factor in his two 0 point performances (1 for not playing and the other for putting up a 0 in the stat line) in the second half of the season you are looking at something like this: 3.25 receptions - 58.75 yards per game and .75 TDs per week which will come to about 12.5 points per week.

So just by looking at their statistics and their avg points per week in the second half of the season you can tell White had the better second half.

Ya but look at Julio's last 5 games (or frankly if you said his last 4 games the numbers will be better, but just to get a bigger sample size). 5 games is approximately a third of the season, so it's a decent string of games to look at. 24 catches 461 yards 6 TDs. Those are some pretty ridiculous numbers, and if he can pick up where he left off, it'll be no competition. In the majority of those games Roddy still got his numbers, even recording double digit catches in weeks 15 and 16 but it seems clear to me that Jones is definitely the red zone target between the two and that is only going to expand with the degradation of both Turner and Gonzalez. And to top it all off -
Roddy White says new Falcons offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter plans to lean on the 30-year-old receiver less in 2012.
We expected as much with Julio Jones taking on a bigger role. It's just surprising that White said it aloud. "We switched some things up," White said. "We are doing the things [Koetter] likes to do. He’s a smart guy, and he knows what we do best." White has at least 100 catches in back-to-back seasons. It sounds like he doesn't expect a third year of that. "I know that sounds crazy, but we’ve got other guys out there that can play," White said. "Julio is going to be a big part of the offense this year. Harry [Douglas] is going to do wonders in the slot. We have to maximize our talent and get the ball in everyone’s hands." Jun 3 - 9:17 PM
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Hey he said it, not me.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 4)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:44 am

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution awarded Julio Jones the MVP award for this week's minicamp.Jones "routinely put on a catching clinic" in practice sessions, continuing to impress teammates and coaches. Upon interviewing Dirk Koetter in January, the Falcons brass was convinced the new coordinator would take advantage of Jones' dangerous vertical and run-after-catch skills. Rotoworld recently bumped Jones ahead of A.J. Green as the No. 4 fantasy receiver for 2012. Jun 21 - 6:52 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6475/julio-jones
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby LS2throwed » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Pre-season or not, it's been fairly obvious that the Falcons will be showcasing Julio as the primary threat for this offense. Though I don't think Roddy will have a terrible year, Julio looks like a top 5 WR lock and a threat to challenge Calvin.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby CBMGreatOne » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Both are in my personal top 7 and I don't think you could go wrong either way. PPR would swing my vote to Roddy, but Julio does have that Calvinesque upside.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk