Roddy White or Julio Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roddy White or Julio Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Roddy White or Julio Jones

Postby dgan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:15 pm

Roddy should be the better value, but I do think Julio is on the verge of becoming an elite receiver. To be an elite fantasy WR, you need hands, speed, size, freakish talent, QB, and a friendly offense.

With the exception (ironically) of Calvin Johnson, none of the top fantasy WRs play in a spread offense and get a lot more targets even if their team passes less frequently. Julio has all the other measurables, so I think it will happen.

I just am not confident it will happen THIS year, which is why I think he's being over-hyped and drafted too early for my tastes.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:27 pm

Falcons OC Dirk Koetter confirmed that Julio Jones' hand injury hindered the receiver in Week 4 versus the Panthers.
"Julio's hand is not 100 percent. Credit him for playing and running his routes hard," said Koetter. "But there's no doubt, [as] we've seen him in some earlier games this year, when he's 100 percent he will be even more effective." Koetter didn't dial up his usual assortment of wide receiver screens and slants to take advantage of Jones' after-catch explosiveness. Look for that to change in a dream matchup with the Redskins this week. Julio joins Ryan Mathews as the best "buy lows" in fantasy right now.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Oct 2 - 7:16 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/ ... for-season
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:39 am

Julio aggravated his sprained ankle yesterday:

Julio Jones (ankle) played on just 35-of-73 offensive snaps in Sunday's win over the Cardinals.
Jones was playing limited snaps through the first three quarters and then hobbled off for good in the fourth. There's still no update on how badly he aggravated his sprain. Usual No. 3 wideout Harry Douglas ended up with a 5/48/0 line while playing on 53 snaps.
Related: Harry Douglas
Source: AtlantaFalcons.com
Nov 19 - 9:47 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl ... -news?rw=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Previous

Return to Football Talk