Trade for Gronkowski? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade for Gronkowski?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade for Gronkowski?

Postby Jason497 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:08 pm

1st league is 12 teams PPR, starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1D/ST

Scoring is 1/10, 1PPR, 6/TD, 1/25 return yards, 3 pt bonus for 100 rushing or 100 receiving, -1 FL.

QB scoring is 1/25, 6 for a TD, only -1 for INTs, 3 pt bonus for 300 passing.

We keep 4 players. RB Arian Foster and WR Calvin Johnson are locks for me, for the next 2 spots I have

QB Tony Romo (QB Friendly scoring, young with a lot of weapons)
WR Steve Smith (If Cam Newton takes a big 2nd year jump Smith could be huge again)
WR Demaryius Thomas (Was a stud before Peyton, now skys the limit, alot younger than Smith)
RB Frank Gore (He's a starting RB, that's about all I can say with James taking PPR value and Jacobs there to vulture)
RB Fred Jackson (Can he be as elite as last year after Spiller emerged down the stretch?)
TE Antonio Gates (I don't think he's a realistic option but I still like him as the 3rd best TE)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League 2 is a NON-PPR 12 Teamer that also keeps 4.

Scoring is standard as standard gets, 1/25 pass, 4 for TD pass -2 for turnovers, 1/10 and 6/TD, NON-PPR and no bonuses or anything.

Starts 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

This team scored the 2nd least points last year so it's a mess. Reshard's tornup Knee didn't help. Need 4 from these 7.

QB Eli Manning
QB Matt Ryan
RB Demarco Murray
RB Michael Turner
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Brandon Lloyd
Last edited by Jason497 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help pick my Keepers

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:21 pm

League 1-
I would go with Steve Smith and Thomas. Gore and FJax are past their prime and Gates is a question mark with his foot. You can get a QB in Romo's tier in the draft.
League 2-
Thomas, Bowe and Murray are locks. I am not a fan of Lloyd because he has a lot of competition for targets. The last keeper comes down to Matt Ryan or Eli Manning imo. I would go with Eli Manning but that comes down to personal preference.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:44 am

My thing is Michael Turner was the 6th ranked RB in NON-PPR last year and he'll still be the guy at the goalline...it's hard to let him go.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:06 am

Jason497 wrote:My thing is Michael Turner was the 6th ranked RB in NON-PPR last year and he'll still be the guy at the goalline...it's hard to let him go.

I do not think he will be able to keep it up all season. Last year he had 280 yards and 1TD in the last 5 games (week 12-week 16) so he slowed down quite a bit. The Falcons will probably lessen his work load so that he can be there for their playoff run. I see him as a mid RB2 which I think you can find in the draft. If you want to hold on to him though I would keep him over one of the QBs.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:10 am

Jason497 wrote:1st league is 12 teams PPR, starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1D/ST

Scoring is 1/10, 1PPR, 6/TD, 1/25 return yards, 3 pt bonus for 100 rushing or 100 receiving, -1 FL.

We keep 4 players. RB Arian Foster and WR Calvin Johnson are locks for me, for the next 2 spots I have

WR Steve Smith (If Cam Newton takes a big 2nd year jump Smith could be huge again)
WR Demaryius Thomas (Was a stud before Peyton, now skys the limit, alot younger than Smith)
RB Frank Gore (He's a starting RB, that's about all I can say with James taking PPR value and Jacobs there to vulture)
RB Fred Jackson (Can he be as elite as last year after Spiller emerged down the stretch?)
TE Antonio Gates (I don't think he's a realistic option but I still like him as the 3rd best TE)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League 2 is a NON-PPR 12 Teamer that also keeps 4.

Scoring is standard as standard gets, 1/25 pass, 4 for TD pass -2 for turnovers, 1/10 and 6/TD, NON-PPR and no bonuses or anything.

Starts 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF

This team scored the 2nd least points last year so it's a mess. Reshard's tornup Knee didn't help. Need 4 from these 7.

QB Eli Manning
QB Matt Ryan
RB Demarco Murray
RB Michael Turner
WR Demaryius Thomas
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Brandon Lloyd

League 1: give me Thomas and Jackson.

League 2:
Eli, Murray, Thomas, and Bowe.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Jason497 wrote:1st league is 12 teams PPR, starts 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1FLEX, 1K, 1D/ST

In this league someone offered me Rob Gronkowski for Fred Jackson and #6 overall. What do you guys think of that offer? I'm not really crazy about giving up my 1st round pick but Gronkowski is so far and away better than the rest of the field that it might make sense to bite the bullet.

I'd have the #1 ranked RB, #1 ranked WR, and #1 ranked TE on my board along with Steve Smith to start out.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: Trade for Gronkowski?

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Now he says he's considering a Steve Smith and Fred Jackson for Rob Gronkowski. I'd probably keep Megatron, Foster, Gronk, and Demaryius Thomas then, and throw back Romo, Gore, and Gates into the pool.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:48 pm

Jason497 wrote:Now he says he's considering a Steve Smith and Fred Jackson for Rob Gronkowski. I'd probably keep Megatron, Foster, Gronk, and Demaryius Thomas then, and throw back Romo, Gore, and Gates into the pool.

jump all over that deal ;-D

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:19 pm

Alright he agreed to the deal :-)

Loving my keepers now.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:18 pm

quite a nucleus, well done
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions