Early Mixed Offense/IDP roster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Early Mixed Offense/IDP roster

Moderator: Football Moderators

Early Mixed Offense/IDP roster

Postby Mizou » Sat Jun 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Had an early draft for the IDP league tonight. Looking for a little advice, as I haven't done too much fantasy, and no IDP.

Starters are QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE, K, D/ST; DL, LB, CB, S (only one each).

Scoring methodology is: H2H, pretty much standard, except Passing TDs are 4 points, Rushing/Receiving are 6. Defensive player scoring is: 1pt Tackle or Pass defended (0.5 for asst tackle); 2pts Sack, FF, Fumble Recovery, Blocked Kick, Safety; 3pts INT' and 6pts a TD.

Here's the roster I ended up with:

QB: Brees

WR: Roddy White, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith, Pierre Garcon, Lance Moore

RB: Michael Turner, Darren Sproles, Isaac Redman, Beanie Wells, Benjarvis Green-Ellis

TE: Gronkowski

K: Mike Nugent

D/ST: Houston
-------
DL: Jason Pierre-Paul

LB: Patrick Willis

S: Kam Chancellor

CB: Jason McCourty

The players I'm thinking of as starters are in bold.

I'm just wondering if my lack of "star power" at RB and WR might bite me in the end, even though I have some consistent types, and a pool of "potential" guys and matchup starters.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Early Mixed Offense/IDP roster

Postby LMack » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:04 am

I can't speak much to your defensive players because I'm not much of an IDP guru, but to your offense:

I don't think you have to worry about star power one bit. The reason why is because you have studs at the QB and TE position. Not to go all Matthew Berry Manifesto on you because I don't much care for him, but you should win QB and TE every week. With that core, your RBs and WRs should compete.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Roster Ratings