How's this team look? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

How's this team look?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How's this team look?

Postby bubblechew » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:02 pm

Just your standard default head to head 10 team Yahoo league.

QB - Cam Newton
WR - Brandon Marshall
WR - Jeremy Maclin
WR - Reggie Wayne
RB - Chris Johnson
RB - Jamaal Charles
TE - Rob Gronkowski
K - Robbie Gould
DEF - Seattle

BN - RB - Joseph Addai
BN - WR - Robert Meachem
BN - WR - Pierre Garcon
BN - RB - C.J. Spiller
BN - QB - Matt Schaub
BN - TE - Jered Cook
bubblechew
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: How's this team look?

Postby Mizou » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:44 am

Looks pretty good. The only thing I'd be looking to do is maybe package some of your depth (WRs, maybe Schaub) in a trade for a top-tier receiver. Marshall has very good potential to do well again with Cutler, but I'd be worried about getting another guy on his level just in case.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby bubblechew » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:04 am

Mizou wrote:Looks pretty good. The only thing I'd be looking to do is maybe package some of your depth (WRs, maybe Schaub) in a trade for a top-tier receiver. Marshall has very good potential to do well again with Cutler, but I'd be worried about getting another guy on his level just in case.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, as far as getting another top receiver goes. I'm a Bears fan, so I have hope Marshall does well reunited with Cutler, but I also have my doubts. I think the catches and the yards will be there, I'm just worried about the touchdowns. Receivers went like crazy in this draft - much moreso than I've seen so far this year. And, even though I like Maclin a lot this year, I'd feel much more comfortable with him as my WR3 and Wayne on the bench. I like Wayne this year, too, though. Even though he's getting older, I'm banking on Luck needing a veteran to count on and Wayne to see a lot of balls thrown his way. Even if he has lost a step or two, I think he's still capable of turning in a decently productive season.
bubblechew
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:26 pm

I disagree and love this team. Marshall is a low end #1, but I have Maclin ranked as a high end #2 and Wayne is going to make every owner happy this year. Great team
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby exyumyai » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:43 pm

This is a pretty solid team. I like that you have CJ and Charles, and I think you could have come out a lot of worse at RB as it looks like you went with Cam and Gronk early. I like Marshall this season, but i'm not overly keen on Maclin, Wayne, Meacham and Garcon. Like the post above I think you could package Schaub and upgrade at WR with someone to go with Marshall.

help me! viewtopic.php?f=44&t=513739
Exyumyai...
exyumyai
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:12 am

I'd look for a top end WR. I think that Garcon could be a low end WR2 by the end of the year, same with Wayne.
I'd look also for better depth at RB, Charles coming off that huge injury (though it was at the beginning of the year) and CJ putting low numbers last year. Great grab at your backup TE with Cook, and Schaub in case Newton's physical style of play brings him down.
Overall you have really good depth at all positions but RB. A true #1 WR would be a great addition to your team.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=513616
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Roster Ratings