What position do I draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

What position do I draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What position do I draft?

Postby Ravens1987 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:19 am

Hey everyone,
I'm in a keeper league and my three keepers are forte Charles and murray. I have the second over all pick in my draft. So my question is do I go rb WR or QB... The top running back avaiable on the board would bee Trent richardson.. Best WR would be mike wallace and best QB would be Vick. For running backs the league is mid way through tier 3 so I'm worried that I want to a another good rb but with the WR in ate draft there is a lot of depth.
Ravens1987
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What position do I draft?

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:00 am

I'd take T.Rich and try to trade a back to help at other positions. He's the most valuable player on the board even though it leaves you weak at other positions early on the draft is all about getting the best value.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Dolfan19 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:57 am

Jason497 wrote:I'd take T.Rich and try to trade a back to help at other positions. He's the most valuable player on the board even though it leaves you weak at other positions early on the draft is all about getting the best value.

Agreed, TRich and trade if necessary. Bell cow backs are fantasy gold, and you should have no trouble trading one of the 4 you would have for help at WR or QB if needed.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:47 am

If Mike Wallace and Michael Vick are the best available at their positions, most of the league kept WR's and QB's, your strength. I agree with the others and say Richardson is the pick here, and increase your position of strength. You should be able to pick up value at WR in the next couple of rounds because others will be scrambling for RB's.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:12 am

I would also go with Richardson if he is available, and try to make moves before and after the draft.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Those About To Rock » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:08 pm

I'll rock the boat and be contradictory for a while.

First, T. Rich IS still an unproven rookie (in a great spot, admittedly). You have a good deal of depth at RB already.

Wallace is one of the very best WRs in the league right now. Trading a RB for a WR, you're going to hope to find someone of Wallace's value in a trade anyways, so consider picking him up. He's proven, and he's very good.

Also, why do you think the 1st overall won't take TRich?
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Ravens1987 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:26 pm

Well rb Steven Jackson is out there so I'm amussing he will take Steven Jackson. I just know that looking at the depth in rb it's pretty low for the rest of the draft but WR position has a lot of depth.. That is why Im thinking about taking another rb
Ravens1987
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Shark1225 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:01 pm

I think I would draft Wallace as well. How far does WR drop off if you select Wallace?

I could see drafting Richardson but he is unproven. On the other hand it would give you protection against injury at the most injury prone position.
QB: BREES, Cutler
RB: TURNER, MCGAHEE, R. JENNINGS, Leshoure, D. Williams, Hillman, Hunter, Dwyer
WR: CRUZ, GARCON, Amendola, Edwards, D. Baldwin
TE: GRAHAM
Shark1225
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Those About To Rock » Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:30 pm

Ravens1987 wrote:Well rb Steven Jackson is out there so I'm amussing he will take Steven Jackson. I just know that looking at the depth in rb it's pretty low for the rest of the draft but WR position has a lot of depth.. That is why Im thinking about taking another rb

http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php/

I wouldn't count on S. Jackson going first.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TruNinerFan » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:09 pm

Take Richardson

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions