Help choose my keepers for 2012. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Help choose my keepers for 2012.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help choose my keepers for 2012.

Postby pgnd17 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:53 pm

I need to choose keepers for the 2012 season

10 team--PPR--3 player keeper league (no limit on amount of time you can keep a player.)

I am having trouble deciding between 2 out of 3 receivers...

I have MJD and am undoubtedly keeping him.

So my two spots left are reserved for 2 of these 3 receivers...

Andre Johnson (aging and his body is breaking down, but he's top 3 when healthy.)
Mike Wallace (Young, explosive, new coordinator in Haley should help, but inconsistent all or nothing type player)
AJ Green (Incredibly talented and will have an entire camp this year, but doesn't exactly have keeper numbers at this point.)

What do you think? Thanks
pgnd17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help choose my keepers for 2012.

Postby Those About To Rock » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:03 pm

AJ Green and Mike Wallace are easy choices. AJ Green is going to be a dominant force in this league for many, many years AND he's only going to improve.

Mike Wallace is already a force, and he's young (though his future is a bit undecided).

Andre Johnson is good, but he's getting too old to sit on in a keeper format, especially with your other options.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:05 pm

If i can keep them indefinitely AJ Green is my #1 keeper on your roster. I agree on MJD as well. The last spot is personal preference to me. I'd go Wallace because I think Houston is moving away passing game and AJ can't stay healthy, but it is truly a coin flip to me.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby pgnd17 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks for the input.

The ability to keep them indefinitely is making me lean towards Wallace and Green. Especially because, as you said, Foster and Tate are starting to be the focal point of the Texans offense.
pgnd17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:11 pm

I'm a Texans fan, and I keep Green and Wallace.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dagnuk » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:37 pm

At some point in your draft, I'd gladly re-draft Andre, based on talent alone, but you're keeping two of the top, young WRs: AJ Green and Mike Wallace. Especially if there's no limit or restrictions to how long you keep a player.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby pgnd17 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:48 pm

I have the 5th pick, but he'll probably be gone by then considering 30 players plus 4 in the re-draft will be gone in front of me. Players that will not be kept include Forte, Roddy White, Andre J, Harvin, Marshall, Colston, Fred and Steven Jackson, Helu, Bradshaw, Nelson, Lynch, Julio J, Lynch.

I'm guessing it will go Roddy, AJ, to start. Who should I target of those remaining? Anyone care to rank those guys in a ppr keeper?
pgnd17
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby DVauthrin » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:17 pm

pgnd17 wrote:I have the 5th pick, but he'll probably be gone by then considering 30 players plus 4 in the re-draft will be gone in front of me. Players that will not be kept include Forte, Roddy White, Andre J, Harvin, Marshall, Colston, Fred and Steven Jackson, Helu, Bradshaw, Nelson, Lynch, Julio J, Lynch.

I'm guessing it will go Roddy, AJ, to start. Who should I target of those remaining? Anyone care to rank those guys in a ppr keeper?

Forte, Roddy, AJ, Lynch, Julio Jones.
VY fan for life
DVauthrin
Basketball Scribe
Basketball Scribe

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dagnuk » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Forte, Lynch, Julio Jones. Your need for RB, and the availability for those two gives them the edge over Julio
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:26 pm

I'd keep Green and Wallace with MJD.

For the draft, I would look at Lynch, Forte, Jones, SJax and Harvin probably in that order. I'd imagine White, Jones and AJ being gone by the time you picked, Havin, Forte could be gone too based on the kept players of the teams picking before you. You should look at getting one of the RBs to have a more even roster, but don't overvalue just to pick for need. I never like to have RBs that holdout, they hardly ever produce as expected, especially early in the season. FOr that reason I would be wary of Forte, they also brought in a bunch of new weapons, meaning less carries/targets to go for him.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions