A team in my league just dropped all his players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

A team in my league just dropped all his players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:44 pm

That is why public leagues are such a gamble. You can decide to manage one team, draft and trade your way into contention, then some idiot gets mad and tries to ruin things.

Sure, you can agree to not pick the players up, but it only takes one owner to break the rules and create an uber-team. The guy may have 2 teams in the league and that would be playing to his hand. I think it becomes a free for all, since most leagues this occurs in are basically 'anonymous' you have to be skeptical that all the owners can agree and will co-operate.

Find a better league next year. Forums like these always have people forming leagues. Why spend 16-17 weeks playing the game, but begin by leaving your league quality to random chance?

Not much you can do, really. I'd cut loose a couple of scrub players, then put in claims for your guys by preference.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:56 pm

Pick up his players before anyone else does. Survival of the fastest.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

ugh... this is awful.

Postby matmat » Sun Dec 07, 2003 4:18 am

This is why keeper leagues are so much better than one year things...

doing something like this is ridiculous. This is the problem with set-ups where there are no consequences for botching the integrity of a league.
If this is a public league, unless the provider has something in place, you are screwed and your best bet is to put in some waiver requests and see what happens.
If this is a private league and you know the people in the league maybe just a stern talking to and an agreement to not pick-up any of the released players would be good... unfortunately for everyone else (not you) you are guaranteed a win... this could greatly annoy the people in your league who have lost to the guy who dropped his players...

If this happened in my league I would most likely lock the coach out, put the players back, set what I think the "best" overall lineup is and leave it be for the rest of the season, unless injuries happen. In general, though, I'd like to think of myself as a fairly hands-off commish.

Sorry this happened to you, hope the situation gets resolved.
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bolts801 » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:16 am

ya, thats almost complete sabatoge man. Thats so lamo.

That dude should be banned. or commish should stuff all those players away, and retract any of those players anyone has snagged that are worth a rats ass.
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk