What do you think of my roster for 2012. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

What do you think of my roster for 2012.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What do you think of my roster for 2012.

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:55 pm

murphysxm wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
That's not entirely accurate - in Fantasy Pros consensus rankings of 69 "experts" from various FF sites he comes in at a still solid #11(he was ranked as high as #3 and as low as #23):

I have a hard time buying into data that also has people ranking Larry Fitzgerald as #11. Kind of makes me skeptical of the rest of the data....

Yeah it helps to look at the other numbers for each player to get a little better picture, but ya still gotta go with your own gut feeling - like any rankings it's just a starting point. The one really nice thing about the table there is that if you wanna take the time you can actually edit the experts in the poll and just use those who you think has an actual clue what they're talking about, and the table will then be revised to reflect that.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby grooner10 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:43 am

stomperrob wrote:
murphysxm wrote:
stomperrob wrote:
That's not entirely accurate - in Fantasy Pros consensus rankings of 69 "experts" from various FF sites he comes in at a still solid #11(he was ranked as high as #3 and as low as #23):

I have a hard time buying into data that also has people ranking Larry Fitzgerald as #11. Kind of makes me skeptical of the rest of the data....

Yeah it helps to look at the other numbers for each player to get a little better picture, but ya still gotta go with your own gut feeling - like any rankings it's just a starting point. The one really nice thing about the table there is that if you wanna take the time you can actually edit the experts in the poll and just use those who you think has an actual clue what they're talking about, and the table will then be revised to reflect that.

Ok well I don't agree with ranking him at 11, they also have two sophomores above him and many peoples argument was he only did it once, while so have they. They also ranked Welker who is in a contract dispute, and Wallace someone who is Ina contract dispute and isn't even signed yet , and we all know that contract disputes are never good for a players performance.

Regardless, even if you use the rankings with him 11th, it still makes him a Wr 1, which with the rest of the team is super strong. The point I was really trying to make was about the people saying to trade britt and Roth for a Wr better then cruz!! Who would trade a top 10 Wr for britt and Roth , it just ain't goina happen.
grooner10
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bubblechew » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:15 am

grooner10 wrote:Regardless, even if you use the rankings with him 11th, it still makes him a Wr 1, which with the rest of the team is super strong. The point I was really trying to make was about the people saying to trade britt and Roth for a Wr better then cruz!! Who would trade a top 10 Wr for britt and Roth , it just ain't goina happen.

Whether he would be able to package those two guys specifically for a reciever better (meaning more reliable and consistent) than Cruz isn't the question. I was simply saying it wouldn't hurt to try. It all comes down to the point I was trying to make. I, myself, wouldn't feel comfortable counting on Cruz as my number one this year, but I'd love him as my number two. He made some crazy plays last year and reminds me a lot of DeSean Jackson going into this year - and we all know how well Jackson did for fantasy owners last year. I don't know how many receivers exactly I would rank above Cruz, but it's probably more than most people would. I definitely don't expect him to make a total of five touchdown receptions of 68-99 yards again this year. In the end, though, it all comes down to personal preference with players. Obviously, some are much better than others, but then there are players like Cruz who it seems like he's either going to be boom or bust. I might just even say Antonio Brown matches his production or outperforms him this year.
bubblechew
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:24 am

All 3 of your WRs are "potential" guys, they don't have more than one season of proven production. Britt has dominated when he is in, but he hasn't been in all the time. I love Brown as a WR3 guy, but not WR2. Your huge issue is depth at WR, you have great depth at RB. See if you can get a WR who has more than one season of high level production, I'd hate to be banking on either a punt returner or risky guys holding up your WR position.

If you have time, thoughts on mine?

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=513616
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Previous

Return to Roster Ratings