Draft Help! (Draft is Tomorrow) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Draft Help! (Draft is Tomorrow)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Draft Help! (Draft is Tomorrow)

Postby K0wned » Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:29 pm

My draft is tomorrow for my keeper league, and I have the 2nd overall pick. Need help deciding who to take. Non-PPR, Start QB, QB/RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB/TE. So basically 2 QB, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, and 1 Flex.

My keepers:
Brady
Ray Rice
Mike Wallace
Wes Welker

To fill out my lineup I need another QB, a TE, and someone for flex.

There are not many strong QB2 options :
Vick
Rivers
Ryan
Big Ben
Culter
Schaub
Freeman
And a bunch more crappy options.

Quite a few solid TE options:
Graham
Gates
Finley
Witten
Hernandez
Everyone else. (No Gronk/Davis)

RB Options:
Ryan Mathews
Darren McFadden
Trent Richardson
Matt Forte
Jamaal Charles
AP
(No CJ2k, McCoy, Murray, Rice, Foster, Lynch, MJD)

WR Options:
Andre Johnson
Jennings
Marshall
AJ Green
Julio
(No Calvin, Stevie Johnson, Wallace, Welker, Cruz, Fitz, R White)

Strongest position for sure is RBs, but you only need to start one of them, I have Rice. If I'm going to fill my Flex spot Mathews/Mcfadden have to be the best pick.

Another option is to grab Graham, best TE, and worry about QB2 later. Going just best player available would suggest filling flex(Mathews/Mcfadden) or TE(Graham).

Third Option is to get Vick to pair with Brady, and then grab a RB on the way back (Someone like Charles, Gore, Sproles, or the best WR that falls back) and then grab a TE in the third (Maybe Finley or Hernandez).

If I go with Graham/Vick in the first would it still be worth it to grab a RB in the second/third or at that point would it just be worth it to take the best available WR to fill the flex spot. In this league Rice outscored Calvin last year so top RBs will score more points then top WRs, but after the top few backs they are all just question marks, so is it better to just go with Rice + 3 WRs if I dont land one of the top RBs?

Thanks for any advice, and sorry for all the confusion. Didn't have a lot of time to write this, so I hope it isn't to hard to understand what I'm asking, and what I think my options are. Thanks for any help you can give.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Help! (Draft is Tomorrow)

Postby Those About To Rock » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:45 pm

You have 2x WR already, otherwise I'd be touting AJ Green.

I'm not sold on Matthews (I know, I'm the only one) and RunDMC gets injured. If I was going RB, I'd gamble on Richardson. I think Richardson/Graham are the best decisions, and I would go with Graham if I were in your spot. The QB pool isn't impressive, and I think you can find someone on the way back around.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Indibuck » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:46 pm

what is your QB scoring? If QBs score a lot more compared to other positions, I would grab Vick.

If not I am taking Mathews.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby K0wned » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:01 pm

The scoring seems a little weird, but it is balanced weird for all positions. QB has a much higher chance of hitting the bonuses, but it really isn't that much of a difference. Similar to a standard league with 4 points per passing TD.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:41 pm

As much as I like Richardson, I would probably take a QB. Best way to win a superflex league is to have 2 solid QBs and hope to get lucky around them.

Your team is built to win now so I would take Vick if he is there. Otherwise your choice of the 2 rooks.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby murphysxm » Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:58 pm

I think Vick is the pick here. Having 2 elite QB's in your starting line up is huge in a format like this
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby K0wned » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:14 pm

Would it be a good idea to try and trade Ray Rice for Stafford, Newton, Brees, or Rodgers(most likely stafford or newton). You guys are saying to take Vick over Mathews, is Stafford + Mathews > Vick + Rice?
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:43 pm

K0wned wrote:Would it be a good idea to try and trade Ray Rice for Stafford, Newton, Brees, or Rodgers(most likely stafford or newton). You guys are saying to take Vick over Mathews, is Stafford + Mathews > Vick + Rice?

Yes, even more so if the pick is Richardson.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions