Weird IDP Scoring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Weird IDP Scoring

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Weird IDP Scoring

Postby Jason497 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:23 am

K0wned wrote:Thanks for all your help man, is it worth it to take elite ILBs as early as like the 3rd round, or when would you start targeting them? 4th-5th? It is important to get a few stud ILBs I assume, but could you give me some guys who you like as breakout candidates? You listed a few sleepers above, but anymore guys I can target would help. Love you :-b

Well off the top of my head I like the duo of Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney this year. Pagano brought the 3-4 to Indy so they will be playing rush OLB there, if they are still listed at DL in your league it will be a nice advantage for whoever takes them. On yahoo I think they have dual elgibility.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby K0wned » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:29 am

Jason497 wrote:
K0wned wrote:Thanks for all your help man, is it worth it to take elite ILBs as early as like the 3rd round, or when would you start targeting them? 4th-5th? It is important to get a few stud ILBs I assume, but could you give me some guys who you like as breakout candidates? You listed a few sleepers above, but anymore guys I can target would help. Love you :-b

Well off the top of my head I like the duo of Robert Mathis and Dwight Freeney this year. Pagano brought the 3-4 to Indy so they will be playing rush OLB there, if they are still listed at DL in your league it will be a nice advantage for whoever takes them. On yahoo I think they have dual elgibility.

They are listed as LBs. Are they still good to target, or was that only if you could put them as a DL?
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Jason497 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:43 am

K0wned wrote:
Jason497 wrote:

They are listed as LBs. Are they still good to target, or was that only if you could put them as a DL?

Yeah I wouldn't bother then. I think you are using Fleaflicker, seems they have their shit together when it comes to IDPs.

Eric Berry is another guy coming off a torn ACL who had good numbers a year ago and might fly under the radar at S.

I probably wouldn't reach for a superstar ILB til the 5th round at the earliest, I'd still try to get a nucleus of studs on offense first. Still I've never done a draft like this so just use your best judgement and let things come to you I guess.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby K0wned » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:58 am

I am using FleaFlicker, and thanks for the advice. Berry is ranked quite low on the sites ranking, and he had a great rookie year. Looks like a great pick in a dynasty.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Mizou » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:34 am

I had planned to take my first IDP in the 5th round in my draft, but ended up waiting until the 7th because there was still a lot of good offensive talent on the board (8 man league only). Since IDPs have a LOT more value in your league, I would definitely look at around 5th round.

My idea would be to take Patrick Willis at that time, then kind of gauge how everyone else reacts. If there's no run on LBs or other D players, I'd wait a round or two, then start filling up my D roster.

I like Jason's philosophy of building the Offensive core first, then getting the stud Defensive players. Grab a good QB, RB, WR, etc. then start with a good ILB, and go from there.

I would follow the model you usually use in regular fantasy drafts (RB first, QB first, whatever philosophy you follow), but then interject the advice given above after you get your Off. core.

Of course, read and react to the draft as it happens. Don't follow our advice if everyone starts grabbing LBs in the first or something.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions