Keeper advice? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Keeper advice?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper advice?

Postby LSUby50 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:58 am

My league keeps 2 players in the round they were taken last year. My current options are:

A.Rodgers 1
Ray Rice 1
Mcgahee 8
Eli Manning 10

If i keep Rodgers and Rice it will cost my 1 and 2 picks. (#9 and #11 overall). Im leaning towards that and having 2 studs instead of trying to get better value with others....

Or would i be better off trying to trade rice or rodgers for any of these potential keepers (lesser talent, better value, so it would free up my #1 or 2 pick for a mcfadden, forte level player:
J. Graham 8
C. Newton 8
Mathews 4
Gronkowski 8
Sproles 14

thanks for any help.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper advice?

Postby Jason497 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:48 am

I like the idea of trying to trade those guys for the better value but if you can't pull off a deal you gotta bite the bullet and keep Rodgers and Rice, they are too good.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)

Postby K0wned » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:22 am

I would keep Rodgers for sure. If you think McFadden will be there at your 2nd round pick, I would try and trade Rice.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Those About To Rock » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Trading Rice could net you more picks and Gronk/Graham at 8th round is insane value.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LSUby50 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:27 pm

thanks guys, i'll have #10 overall pick. some further research shows the best available 12 players are:

Foster, Calvin, Matthews, CJ, McFadden, Brees, Forte, AP, Andre Johnson, Fitz, Lynch,J.Charles.

So actually id be lucky to get McFadden, probably will have to choose between the last 3 on that list. I think i can trade Rice for Graham strait up, would give me the #10 pick and Graham as my 2nd keeper in the 8th.

So Rodgers, #10 pick, Graham
or
Rodgers, Rice, #75 pick?

thanks again
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:32 pm

LSUby50 wrote:thanks guys, i'll have #10 overall pick. some further research shows the best available 12 players are:

Foster, Calvin, Matthews, CJ, McFadden, Brees, Forte, AP, Andre Johnson, Fitz, Lynch,J.Charles.

So actually id be lucky to get McFadden, probably will have to choose between the last 3 on that list. I think i can trade Rice for Graham strait up, would give me the #10 pick and Graham as my 2nd keeper in the 8th.

or
Rodgers, Rice, #75 pick?

thanks again

I would go with Rodgers, #10 pick and Graham. You still have a chance to get a top 12 running back while getting a top 2 tight-end.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Jason497 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 1:47 pm

11stever11 wrote:
LSUby50 wrote:thanks guys, i'll have #10 overall pick. some further research shows the best available 12 players are:

or
Rodgers, Rice, #75 pick?

thanks again

I would go with Rodgers, #10 pick and Graham. You still have a chance to get a top 12 running back while getting a top 2 tight-end.

Me too.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)

Postby Mizou » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:44 am

or
Rodgers, Rice, #75 pick?

thanks again

I was going to post that Rice for Graham would be the only trade I'd consider. The value/scoring output of Graham + RB (that you draft) is most likely greater than Rice's scoring alone. You could also see it as getting 2.5 studs instead of just having 2.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby BurritoBoy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:30 am

If the guy will go for it then you definitely do the trade for Graham. But why would he trade away Graham at an 8th round value to give up his first rounder, unless he already had 2 guys at even insaner values like a late Stafford/Cruz
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:14 am

I have a different approach to determining keepers. I look at the best value regardless of best player. I trust my drafting ability to know I will get studs early if I throw back my studs. If I can start a draft with Jimmy Graham in the 8th round and Eli Manning in the 10th, I take that every time over Rice and Rodgers in 1 and 2. I won't get guys as good as Rice and Rodgers in 1/2, but the two guys I get there combined with the 2 great keepers gives me the best over all team.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions