Am I too thin at RB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Am I too thin at RB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Am I too thin at RB?

Postby Mizou » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:21 am

Standard scoring league.

At RB, I have Turner, Sproles, Isaac Redman (will probably dump him for Mendenhall if/when Mendy gets closer to coming off PUP), Beanie Wells, and BenJarvis Green-Ellis

Also, the rest of my roster:

QB: Brees

WR: Roddy White, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith, Pierre Garcon, Lance Moore

TE: Gronkowski

K: Mike Nugent

D/ST: Houston

Edit: Also, starting lineup is 3 WR, 2 RB. No flex spots.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Am I too thin at RB?

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:22 pm

You went high for Brees and Gronk, eh? Not a bad strategy at all, IMO, but you pay for it at RB. WR is very solid 1-3 with White, Maclin and Nelson with a Brown chaser. Problem is, I'm personally not real high on any of your RBs at this point (where we know basically nothing). Maybe you could package Nelson and Sproles for an upgrade? It's tough this year, since basically every RB after the top 3 (McCoy, Rice, Foster) has a big, fat question mark. Even MJD is a let-down risk after last year and Gabbert at QB making them basically irrelevant plus Jennings threatening to take away carries in the interest of health. All the guys yo have at RB have the potential to contribute, and while I'm not particularly comfortable with any of them myself, I'm not sure how much more certain your going to get without giving up too much. Like I said, if you could trade maybe Nelson or Maclin and Sproles or someone else for Forte, Mathews, or Lynch I might do that. Otherwise, you're pretty solid, just make sure you're first in line when the first unknown RB breaks out and snatch him up and you'll be fine. Thanks for the help on mine!

Could use some thoughts on mine!
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=513712
Thanks! ;-D
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:21 pm

I think you are fine. You are strong at every other position and have guys with upside at RB.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Mizou » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:06 am

I think I'm just concerned with the last of "star power" with my WRs and RBs. You guys have both described my WR crew as good, though I just considered them above average.

Monkies made a good point about most RBs this year having a lot of questions. Is it really worth losing a guy like Maclin to get Lynch, who is just as likely to have a letdown season, since defenses have had a chance to figure him out? Forte with his holdout, and Bush breathing down his neck? Heck, I had McFadden, Hightower, Bush, St. Jax, and CJ.5k last year (pure autodraft) and I got let down pretty bad. I ended up with Romo, Welker, Gronk, and Bush holding up my team for most of the year, and still got 2nd. I'm certainly a lot better or deeper this year.

I've put Sproles on the trading block, saying I'll trade him and another (lower RB, or WR) for an upgrade, but if nobody wows me, I won't sweat it as much anymore.

My plan was always to pick up this year's version of Cruz/Lynch/Foster, but sweating it out the first few weeks while he gets discovered had me nervous.

Thanks for the help, guys. I tend to overthink wayy too much when it comes to my teams.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:32 am

ffball=overthinking 8-o
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby exyumyai » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:38 pm

Yeah, you are definitely thin at RB but considering you've got Brees and Gronk I don't think Turner and Sproles are that bad of options. It could be a lot worse I think. Agree with you on WRs, I would say above average. But in saying this, it could be a good opportunity to package a couple of receivers if they start to play well at the beginning of the season and add some more depth at RB.

help me! - viewtopic.php?f=44&t=513739
Exyumyai...
exyumyai
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings