Favorite team league: Foster for Megatron etc. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Favorite team league: Foster for Megatron etc.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favorite team league: Foster for Megatron etc.

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:46 am

Yahoo standard scoring, 10 team. This is a "favorite team" league, what this means is we have to keep 6 players from our favorite team (I'm the Chiefs) 1 each QB, WR, RB, TE, K, and D/ST. We have to start any 4 from our team each week. We also have rights to any players on WW from our respective team (i.e. if I wanted Jonathon Baldwin or Kevin Boss, I can have them and nobody else can pick them up) Here's where I stand (starters in parentheses):

QB: (Peyton), Cassell
RB: (Charles, Arian) Jahvid Best, Ryan Williams
WR: (Bowe, Sidney Rice, Santana Moss) Blackmon
TE: (Moeaki) Gresham
R/W: (Fred Jackson)
K: (Succop)
DST: (Chiefs) Lions

Dude wants to trade me his Calvin Johnson and Beanie Wells for my Arian Foster and Justin Blackmon, plus his #2 pick next year for my #3. I'm leaning towards taking it. WR is deep, but with 3 starters and you can't have anybody from any of the 10 represented in the league (guys like Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown and DeSean Jackson are on the ww, but unavailable due to the format of the league; Steelers, Pats, Packers, Giants, Eagles, Chiefs, Saints, Cowboys, Bears, and Tampa Bay are the claimed teams) I hate giving up Foster, but my WRs are crap and I'll have a toss-up between Jackson and Beanie based on health. Johnson and Bowe at #1 and #2 leaves me only a big fat ? at #3, but Rice or Moss would be OK there.What do ya think? I know, weird format but i'm kinda into it... Leave me alink and I'll assuredly give you my 2 cents on yours! Thanx!!! ;-D
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Favorite team league: Foster for Megatron etc.

Postby Mizou » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:25 pm

That's definitely an interesting way to do it. I think I like it... but then, my favorite team is the Steelers.

So there are 10 teams taken (you and 9 others), which means that there are 18-27 viable players that you cannot play (2-3 WRs per each of the 9 other teams). Having to choose 3 quality starting WRs is sometimes difficult enough when you can trade and draft from all 32 teams.

...Argh. I misread that as you have Ryan Matthews, not Williams. Had to delete my post.

I think this all hinges on how comfortable you feel with Charles and Beanie as your backfield, with Williams as Beanie's handcuff. You've got two guys coming off injury, though you have the backup player for each.

What do you feel more comfortable with? A combo of Foster with Williams, Best, or Hillis (if Charles doesn't recover), and a thin WR starting crew; or Megatron, with good depth behind him, and possibly a backfield of Best, Williams, and Hillis (if both Beanie and Charles don't recover well)?

Personally, I would take the trade. That way I absolutely know my WRs are set going into the season, and I only have to hope/pray for one of Charles/Beanie to be healthy (you can WW a hot RB during the season). If you don't take the deal, your best case scenario is having two #1 backs, and not too much at WR. If you make the trade, your worst case scenario is a backfield with Hillis as the workhorse, but solid WR contributions; with an upside of having two #1 backs, plus great WRs.

Mine?: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=513701
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Those About To Rock » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:58 pm

As a Dolphins fan, this league sounds terrible :P

I would take the trade, but I really highly value Megatron.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby monkiesatemybaby » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:12 pm

Don't forget about Fred Jackson. Between Charles, Jackson and either Beanie or Williams, I figure I should have a solid #1 and #2 RB. With Johnson and Bowe at WR #1-2, #3 can be Rice or Moss and that'd be acceptable. Your point about WRs on the ww is very true. There are a ton of quality #2 and #3 WRs that are unavailable due to the league format which makes the position very thin indeed. Without the trade, I start Bowe, Rice AND Moss, unless Blackmon somehow makes Gabbert look competent, which is scary. Thanks! ;-D Anybody else?

As a Dolphins fan, this league sounds terrible

I can see your point.
sig by abrunn11 da bomb
Believe it or not...the choice is yours
monkiesatemybaby
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby kingdon » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:05 pm

As a Bills fan, I would have never considered such a league until this year.

With that being said, he wins the trade for this year. I doubt your team will be very good the way it stands now so having those 2 2nd round picks next year can give you a leg up
kingdon
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sabomnim » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:57 am

crazy league haha

I say go for it
Megatron is a beast and since no one has Texans as their team I would pick up ben tate
if foster goes down tate will be huge. texans line can block for anyone so tate has the potential to blow up if an injury arise
Youll have a stud WR line up
ur RB line up will be questionable but there always seems to be injuries and surprise RBs throughout the year
Charles injury makes me nervous but I think hell bounce back

good luck
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions