IDP Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

IDP Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

IDP Help

Postby K0wned » Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:59 pm

I just drafted my first IDP league ever, it is a very deep dynasty league both on offense and defense. It is a 12 team league if that helps you judge the quality of my team.

We start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 QB/RB/WR, 2 TE, 4 RB/WR/TE, 1 K, 1 TM, 2 DB, 2 DL, 3 LB, 3 DB/DL/LB

Standard Non-PPR offensive scoring.

Very high points per tackle.

MY TEAM:

QB:
Romo
Big Ben
Jake Locker

RB:
Ray Rice
Matt Forte
Jamaal Charles
Lamar Miller
Alex Green

WR:
Hakeem Nicks
Percy Harvin
Miles Austin
Titus Young
Mike Williams TB
Brandon LaFell
Jonathan Baldwin

TE:
Fred Davis
Jared Cook
Kyle Rudolph

DB:
LaRon Landry
Harrison Smith
Dawan Landry

DL:
Jabaal Sheard
Charles Johnson
Calais Campbell
Cameraon Wake
Ndamukong Suh
Kamerion Wimbley

LB:
Sean Weatherspoon
Paul Posluszny
Jon Beason
Donald Butler
Rey Maualuga
Perry Riley

K:
Dan Bailey

DEF:
Atlanta

I really know nothing about IDP, and I just drafted a lot based off rankings and looked for articles about sleepers etc. I feel like I did fairly well all the way around, but I should have grabbed more LBs and fewer DLs.

I will most likely be trying to start 6 LBs almost every week, and I only have 6 on my roster. I will only need to start 2 DLs every week, and I also have 6 of them. I feel that all 6 DLs are too valuable to drop for the LBs on the WW.

League Link: http://www.fleaflicker.com/nfl/league?leagueId=123331

You can see the guys that are available on the WW, and other guys teams etc.

QUESTIONS:

Any guys on the WW that I should be picking up, and who would be best to drop?

All my DLs seem to have very high upside, how would you rank them(1-6) and what would be your plan to do with them? Would you try to trade any of them now, drop a few of them, hold all of them and hope atleast one of them explodes?

What would you do about my LB core? Not counting the lack of depth after the 6, how strong would you consider it? How would you go about adding more depth? Any guys I should be trying to trade for or looking for off waivers? If I should make a trade, make some suggestions. I know nothing about IDP values.

I feel like I'm pretty solid all the way around, but any advice could help. I have never done an IDP or a dynasty before, however I consider myself quite good at offensive redrafts. Any guys for me to target offense or defense? Guys you would be looking to trade on either side. Just anything you would be looking to do to improve the team.

Obviously don't expect people to spend forever and answer all these questions, but I am lost at this point without help. If you can contribute at all please do, and I will love you forever ;-D.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: IDP Help

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:30 am

Well, first thing I notice is that your league scoring favors top QBs, then LBs and then Defenses. For example, if you had Brees last year, he scored 500pts compared to the top RB Rice who had around 300pts. And, there were 10 LBs+Defs who scored as much or more than Rice.

You only have one Def on your roster in Atlanta(only 16th best) so you need to pick up at least another Def to play the matchups each week and score more pts from that starting position.

Your DBs are good, although I saw you just missed out on Pollard on waivers. oops.

Also, DLs are among the lowest scoring starters in the league with the 3rd best Calais Cambell only scoring 185pts. Top DL had 260(Pierre Paul). Over 14 or so games, your DLs might score 8pts a game.. might.

TEs are also low scorers with the 3rd best TE(Hernandez) only scoring 138pts. Top TE Gronkowski only had 250.

So... I would definately be looking at dropping some DLs for another/two Defense with a different bye week than Atlanta. Even better, look at the FA defenses available and match it up with your current defense so that you have favorable matchups each week for at least one of the defenses. Without looking at schedules, Buffalo and Cincy are the best defenses on FA both probably better than the one you already have.

Next, go fishing for one or two more available LBs using your DLs as trade or drop fodder. At quick glance, consider KJ Wright or Jasper Brinkley, or both, available on FA?

So, in conclusion, drop/trade 3-4 of your DLs and pick up 1-2 Defenses and 1-2 LBs.
Note: Beason and Miller might both start the year on PUP/IR and since it doesn't look like your league has IR roster spots, you might have to make a tough decision whether or not to carry them being that you only have 11 bench positions and LOTs of potential starter bye weeks to cover?

Help me in return? viewtopic.php?t=513733
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby K0wned » Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:23 pm

What order should I be dropping my DLs?
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:54 pm

I have them ranked like this(cut and pasted from Excel, so please excuse the formatting):
Keep in mind that my rankings include Asst Tackles, so take a look at your own leagues scoring from last year, ave scoring, and end of year trending.

# Name TM Bye Ave Rank
1 Calais Campbell ARI 10 9.4
2 Jabaal Sheard CLE 10 10.8
3 Charles Johnson CAR 6 13.2
4 Cameraon Wake MIA 7 16
5 Kamerion Wimbley TEN 11 17.2
6 Ndamukong Suh DET 5 21.4

Additionally, the guys I ranked top 2 both have the same bye week, BUT, it is a late bye week meaning that you will have spots on your roster occupied for guys you picked up to fill in for starters on previous weeks and can pick up DLs for week 10 when needed.
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby K0wned » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:28 pm

I dropped Suh and Wimbley for Nate Irving and K. J. Wright. Good for my team?
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby K0wned » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:22 pm

Bump
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Irish Drunk » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:31 pm

K0wned wrote:I dropped Suh and Wimbley for Nate Irving and K. J. Wright. Good for my team?

I've never seen a league with 3 points for solo tackle, wow. No, I wouldn't have dropped Wimbley. I believe C. Johnson is coming off surgery in the off season so won't be 100% by time training camp opens. I'd drop Irving, don't see him doing much in 2012. Look at picking up either Wimbley or Dareus on the DL.

Based on this defensive scoring system MLB are favoured.
Trash Talkin Boozers League Champion 2008 & 2009, Super Bowl Champion 2010
Irish Drunk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions