Five RBs worth debating ... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Five RBs worth debating ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Five RBs worth debating ...

Postby Warpigs » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm

From numerous mock drafts at ESPN, I'm finding myself liking the middle-of-the-round picks. In this position, though, I find myself making a decision on several RBs that can really be lumped together.

Darren McFadden
Matt Forte
DeMarco Murray
Marshawn Lynch
Trent Richardson

What are your opinions on these guys? They seem to be very similar risk/reward options.
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Five RBs worth debating ...

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:21 am

I think it is kind of a personal preference thing. I am the highest on DMac. Yes he will miss games, but he is a beast when he plays and all rbs can miss games. You have them in the order I would draft them, but I don't think Lynch will be on any of my teams this year. He just reeks of being the biggest let down at RB this year.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby goleafsgo96 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:02 pm

I think they're all good options. Lynch is a safe bet, and Demarco Murray seems pretty safe as well. I would be ok with getting Richardson in the mid 2nd round. Think I'm gonna lay off Forte, worried about Michael Bush and contract there, and as a DMC owner last year I will be very catious drafting him this year, though if he is there late 2nd I may give in and pick him again ;-)

You could also add Jamaal Charles to this Group? Dunno what to do with him...
Chris Leak-QB-Florida Gators
goleafsgo96
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mr.Joshua » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:46 pm

have the same feeling on Forte with Bush there
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby northernpackfan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:23 am

murphysxm wrote:I think it is kind of a personal preference thing. I am the highest on DMac. Yes he will miss games, but he is a beast when he plays and all rbs can miss games. You have them in the order I would draft them, but I don't think Lynch will be on any of my teams this year. He just reeks of being the biggest let down at RB this year.

I put DMC and Lynch together at the top. DMC will miss games, whereas Lynch is more reliable from a health standpoint (or at least has been in the past), but DMC is more explosive when he is playing.

I'd put Murray next. I like the offense, I like his skill set, but he's a bit of an injury risk, and he does still share carries with Felix Jones. He's not someone I'd be thrilled with as my RB1, but I wouldn't be upset with him as my RB2.

I'm really leery of Richardson. Rookie RB with a rookie QB, playing in an unproven offense, seems like a potential recipe for failure. The offense is going to be heavily influenced by Shurmur, who was a QB coach in Philly before going to St. Louis as the OC, where his scheme passed 60% of the time. Cleveland's OC, Brad Childress is also a pass first guy (a protege of Andy Reid - the king of pass-first). Childress' offense only pushed a 50/50 split with the pass once - and he had Adrian Peterson carrying the ball. To me, this does not sound like a duo that will be able to capitalize on Richardson's talents to the extent that everyone is hoping.

I don't like Forte. The addition of Bush, coupled with the bad blood between him and the organization, makes him a really risky pick.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:37 pm

As others have said, don't really like Forte this year. The addition of M. Bush scares to me and the current holdout is also looming over that entire situation so I think I am just going to stay away.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby K0wned » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:17 pm

McFadden
Murray
TRich
Forte
Lynch

I'm super low on Lynch, won't own him in any league. I don't see Forte's situation being too good this year. In fact atm I have JCharles ranked higher than him.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:18 pm

I also think Richardson does has the upside of being the 2nd best out of those five backs. The guy is going to get 25+ touches a game
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:24 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:I also think Richardson does has the upside of being the 2nd best out of those five backs. The guy is going to get 25+ touches a game

Yeah but it's Cleveland. He'll be 100% focus of defenses. The man is in for a very, very tough season.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:51 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:I also think Richardson does has the upside of being the 2nd best out of those five backs. The guy is going to get 25+ touches a game

Yeah but it's Cleveland. He'll be 100% focus of defenses. The man is in for a very, very tough season.

I agree, but they did also address the offensive line the draft and they do have Joe Thomas. It does suck having a fourth of your schedule against Balt and Pitt defenses though :-o
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk