Five RBs worth debating ... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Five RBs worth debating ...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Five RBs worth debating ...

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:46 am

I'm on the Richardson bandwgaon, price is a little steep come draft day, but it's basically (if memory serves) the same o-line that made roid-boy Hillis a stud 2 years ago, and Richardson is a much, much, much more highly touted prospect.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:50 am

Cowboys' offensive line won't be any better than it was last year, and it might be slightly worse. Last year's two starting guards (Holland and Kosier) will be replaced by Livings and Bernadeau, not exactly two elite prospects. The good news is that they're moving Free back over to RT where he's a more natural fit, and the Cowboys' strength coach has another year with center Phil Costa to get him stronger. I wouldn't sweat Felix too much, Murray will be the horse if he's healthy.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Danchise » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:13 am

I have it like this:

1. Forte
Obviously the contract situation is a problem, but assuming there's at least room for optimism come draft time, he seems like the best and safest option of these guys. No more Martz tomfoolery and he's the best pass catcher of the bunch.

2. Murray
Probably the highest risk for the price, given the limited body of work and last year's injury. I just think the kid's a stud.

3. Richardson
He'll be good, but as other have pointed out in this thread, it's CLEVELAND and the price will probably be too high in most leagues.

4. McFadden
I just don't trust him anymore.

5. Lynch
What about this guy's work ethic makes anyone think that he will perform after signing a big contract?
The Danchise
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:24 pm

Another guy that needs to be on this list is All Day aka Adrian Peterson...

Always in the running for the #1 overall selection in drafts suffered a severe knee injury late last season and was recently arrested in Houston.

Knee is supposedly healing faster than anticipated and at this point it seems pretty unlikely that he will face any major discipline for his recent run in with the law...

IMO, he is one of the biggest question marks in drafts this year. Yahoo has his current ADP at 17. Will he start the year on the PUP list? Will he be a shell of his former all world self? Will he start slow and blow up late in the season?
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Danchise » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:37 pm

Definite scare factor with Adrian Peterson. I see his season playing out in one of two ways, none of them being especially pretty for fantasy owners:

1. He pushes too hard, comes back too soon and reinjures the knee in short order.

2. He waits it out, maybe starts the year on PUP, and is able to play the last 8-10 games of the season...but he still won't be the All Day we've come to know.

Obviously the second scenario is preferable, and I don't see the arrest mattering at all in the end. It's not like he's ever had any character concerns before and this is just another red flag. (See also: Leshoure, Mikel)

What round would you be willing to take Peterson in if you were drafting today?
The Danchise
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:42 pm

The Danchise wrote:Definite scare factor with Adrian Peterson. I see his season playing out in one of two ways, none of them being especially pretty for fantasy owners:

1. He pushes too hard, comes back too soon and reinjures the knee in short order.

2. He waits it out, maybe starts the year on PUP, and is able to play the last 8-10 games of the season...but he still won't be the All Day we've come to know.

Obviously the second scenario is preferable, and I don't see the arrest mattering at all in the end. It's not like he's ever had any character concerns before and this is just another red flag. (See also: Leshoure, Mikel)

What round would you be willing to take Peterson in if you were drafting today?

I play in several leagues - all redrafts & all PPR, the only one I know my draft slot in as of yet I'm drafting 12th (of 12), I haven't considered AP as an option there, although come draft day, it may be tempting. I'm leaning towards avoiding him altogether for all the reasons you stated, but it can't be denied how ultra-awesome he is. As I said, he's one of the biggest question marks out there this year and with where he's being drafted, he is a huge make or break pick.
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Danchise » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:45 pm

The real question is where his values lies in a keeper league. Let's say whoever has him throws him back to save the first rounder/$60ish auction dollars it would cost to keep him. Totally reasonable move. Knowing that you have the chance to keep him for NEXT season at a discount, how high are you willing to go? 2nd round?
The Danchise
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Sex Panther » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:50 pm

The Danchise wrote:The real question is where his values lies in a keeper league. Let's say whoever has him throws him back to save the first rounder/$60ish auction dollars it would cost to keep him. Totally reasonable move. Knowing that you have the chance to keep him for NEXT season at a discount, how high are you willing to go? 2nd round?

Totally dependent on the make up of the rest of your roster IMO. There's little doubt that if he is going into 2013 completely healthy, he's well worth a stash, but if you have glaring holes in your current roster are you willing to 'tank' 2012 for a chance at 2013...

Unless things change dramatically in the next month and a 1/2 or so, 2nd round is the price that you're going to have to pay.
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Danchise » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:52 pm

Good point; stashing him is a luxury that few rosters could afford, and there's no way I would tank a whole fantasy season just for one player a year from now. I'm staying away from him unless there's a point where the price is so low I'd be dumb not to take a chance on him.
The Danchise
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 pm

1. Marshawn Lynch, he's a one cut runner just like Tom Cable likes. He fits the zone blocking scheme to perfection in Seattle. The slow start to last season was more so due to the fact of Tom Cables system taking some time to gel. He's the bell cow in Seattle something you don't see a great deal in the NFL anymore. I don't worry about him getting paid and slacking, he loves it in Seattle and they love him there too. Show me the skittles Marshawn!

2. Matt Forte- The holdout is a bit worrisome if it lasts into camp. Which I don't think it will. Marshall will open things up a bit for him. The only downside to Forte this season is Michael Bush and losing goal line carries. But it's not like Forte had a ton of Tds last year. He will produce.

3. Darren McFadden- The fact that he can't finish a season scares me as much as Oakland going back to the zone blocking scheme which If you remember is where he did not excel. I hate having to handcuff Goodson or Jones or who knows Benson??? Too much uncertainty for my liking.

4.Demarco Murray- I like Murray, not at his ADP but I like him. Cowboys O line is very suspect, Jerry Jones has a man crush on Felix Jones for some odd reason and the Boys had what 5 rushing TDS last year and one of them was Romo. Like I said I like him but not at his ADP. I'll let someone else take a chance there and I'll grab a WR.

5. Trent Richardson- Tons of talent for sure. Ever see 9 men in the box? Cleveland may this year! Rookie QB, no true 1 WR. Plus he has to see Pitt, Balt and Cinci twice a year. I'll pass unless he falls but he won't.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk