Dynasty/Keeper League Trades including AJ? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty/Keeper League Trades including AJ?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty/Keeper League Trades including AJ?

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:43 am

We are going into the draft in our 12 team PPR dynasty league and it is a bit different because you can keep all your players or as many as you want to keep, and get the same number of draft picks. My team sucked last year and so I dropped about a third my team. Draft is NFL style, and I pick 5th each round. All teams have dropped enough players to have 5 full rounds of the draft so we are looking at our draft consisting of rookies, emerging 2nd/3rd year players who were on FA last year, and dropped players.
QBs are the highest scorers and we can start 2 each week, and I have both Rodgers and Brees the top two scorers in the league last year. But other than also having Andre Johnson, my team is pretty mediocre. After ADP got arrested and since he is coming off knee surgery, I traded my 2nd round pick for Toby Gerhart. I also traded my 4th round pick for the best TE available from any team, Dustin Keller. So, here is my current starting lineup/roster with our draft due to start tonight.
QB:Rodgers
QB:Brees
RB:Ridley
RB:Fred Jackson
WR:AJ
WR:DHB
WR:Amendola
TE: Keller
K: none
Def: none
Bench: Tavaris Jackson, Colt McCoy, Gerhart, Tolbert, Tanner, Gaffney, Breaston

I would guess I might be able to get Luck, Martin, one of the 2 backup NYG RBs or at worst Blackmon with my 1st round pick.

However, I am worried about AJ and wonder if I should try and trade him before tonights draft? What do you think about these possible deals?

AJ for Gordy Nelson and his 2nd round pick(#21).
or
AJ/3rd round pick(#29) for Greg Little and his 1st round pick(#3).

AJ/Keller/1st round pick(#5) for Greg Little/Vernon Davis/1st round pick(#3)

I don't know if anyone will accept these offers, but if so, which one should I start with... or should I stand pat and take whomever is there at pick #5?
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty/Keeper League Trades including AJ?

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:49 am

I would stay put with those offers. AJ still has the ability to put up top 10 numbers and it seems the draft does not have a lot to offer.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Those About To Rock » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:36 am

I like this deal. That would give you two picks in the top 5 and a WR who I think will do better than people anticipate. I doubt it'd get accepted though.
Those About To Rock
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby K0wned » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:38 am

This trade could be good for you. If you plan on contending this year I think keeping AJ is the way to go. This trade getting 2 in the top 5 is awesome over the long haul tho. If you want to rebuild and stock up with young talent, this is not a bad deal for you.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SunnydaleSpike » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:57 pm

Those About To Rock wrote:AJ/3rd round pick(#29) for Greg Little and his 1st round pick(#3).

I like this deal. That would give you two picks in the top 5 and a WR who I think will do better than people anticipate. I doubt it'd get accepted though.

Agreed. This is the only offer of those listed that I like. If this on the table, grab and use those picks for some top-shelf young talent.
Neil Young haunts my nightmares.
SunnydaleSpike
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 5)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:21 pm

FantasySportsMaven wrote:AJ/3rd round pick(#29) for Greg Little and his 1st round pick(#3).

If you can get this jump at it, don't see it happening though
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 222)

Postby dblj9911 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 10:44 pm

I think I'm waiting until the season and let AJ get back and get healthy and trade him at a higher value. Right now to trade him for and of these guys too me is crazy. I think I would have kept my 2nd Rd pick, Gerhart is only going to be of value for a few weeks. The best thing that happened to AP is the arrest, maybe know he gets suspended for a few weeks and they won't have the decision to rush him back. Stick with what you have for now. If your in the playoff hunt go for it. If you are out of it I'd look to move AJ, Fred Jackson and possibly Brees before they get too old and restock your team.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions