First ever keeper league (12-team) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

First ever keeper league (12-team)

Moderator: Football Moderators

First ever keeper league (12-team)

Postby exyumyai » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:34 pm

It's good to be back. Anyways, I've entered my first keeper league ever (12 team) with 6 keepers at the end of year. Standard scoring except TD passes are worth 6pts. I think it's a pretty solid team that should be reasonably strong this year and going forward but I think I'm definitely thin at RB.

Team (picking 6th)
Start - QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, W/R, W/R/T, K, DEF (7 bench)

QB - Tony Romo(7), Andrew Luck(4)
RB - Ray Rice(1), Ahmad Bradshaw(6), Mark Ingram(10), Ronnie Hillman(13)
WR - Hakeem Nicks(3), Demaryius Thomas(5), Torrey Smith(8), Justin Blackmon(9), Mike William(11), Randell Cobb(12), Malcolm Flloyd(14)
TE - Rob Gronkowski(2)
K - Niel Rackers(16)
DEF - Detroit(15)

Don't forget to leave a link and I'll help out!
Exyumyai...
exyumyai
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: First ever keeper league (12-team)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Pretty good roster overall - def some good keepers for the future. You could use some more help at RB - hopefully Bradshaw stays healthy and puts up decent numbers again. I like Hillman but unknown if he will help you much this season. Hopefully Ingram steps up his game and takes away some of Sproles workload.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby northernpackfan » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:39 am

A little thin at RB, but Rice and Bradshaw should serve you well enough (though if Bradshaw looks strong early on, I would try to trade him while his value is high - I've had him the past couple of years, and struggled with his injuries).

Other than that, I pretty interesting team - a bit short on proven stars, but a lot of guys with good potential (Luck, Ingram, Cobb and your rookie WRs).

Enjoy the keeper experience - I really like the added dimension.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BurritoBoy » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:33 am

As you've mentioned, biggest weakness is your RB depth. You have two guys who could contribute very little this year at that spot, or they could surprise and have very big roles on their teams. Hopefully Mike Williams can bounce back, but it seems he's been diminished to a fourth option in that offense. I like Smith and Thomas upside, both could be great keepers. I really love Cobb, I read an article the other day about how he could take over the WR3 spot in the Packer's offense. If any of your WRs start out really strong, I'd try to use them to get an upgrade at RB, though in this format you only need 2 really, and start 3 from your deep WRs.

I'd like your thoughts on mine: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=513616
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Roster Ratings