Players Acquisitions Systems? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Players Acquisitions Systems?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Players Acquisitions Systems?

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm

What is the better PAS? I have only done Waivers, and it seems to work well. But it seems that most other leagues (at least the ones I've checked out in the Classifieds sections) are Auction based. I'd like to hear your thoughts on what advantages each has...

-D. Heimgartner
Cult of Dionysus
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Players Acquisitions Systems?

Postby Devil Doc » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:26 am

I like two ways of using the waiver wire.

1- Its a set order, usually based of the draft order, and when someone uses thier waiver claim they move to the back of the line. It makes people use their WW claims a bit smarter, sometimes.

2. Blind Bid - This is really becoming one of my favorite types of waiver claims. Everyone has an oppertunity to claim a guy off the WW. Usually everyone starts the season with $100 (or whatever you so desire) in waiver claim cash to use the entire season. Once its gone, its gone. You can still try and claim players using $0, but if you burn through all if it too soon then it definitly hinders your ability to grab a "hot add".
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:34 pm

Devil Doc wrote:1- Its a set order, usually based of the draft order, and when someone uses thier waiver claim they move to the back of the line. It makes people use their WW claims a bit smarter, sometimes.

I'm probably old school, but for me this is completely the way to go.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:20 pm

Had one league that used this....last pace team each week got to go first and so on down the road until you reached the team that was in first. Basically, last place team each week got to make the first add/drop of the week.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:13 am

I am struggling at the moment to decide which way to go. I am really active with free agency aquisition, last year grabbing more free agents then the next two "active" managers COMBINED. So changing it to an auction-based system may end up cramping my style more than others. Of course, I also lost out on a number of key free agent pickups because someone ahead in the order selected a player that I was going for (e.g. Demarco Murray / Laurent Robinson). Under an auction system, I would have had a chance for those players, but I may have also lost out on some others (namely Michael Bush and CJ Spiller) who were key free agency pick-ups for me last season.

Anyway, I may end up polling my league's owners to see what they prefer...
Cult of Dionysus
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Return to Beginner's Forum