Who to keep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Who to keep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Who to keep?

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:39 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:Keep McCoy, AJ and Julio. You can't worry about bye weeks and depth right now. You keep your best players and worry about depth while drafting. McCoy, Richardson, AJ and Julio is a great start in a keeper league. Mcgahee is middle round selection at this point, Julio and AJ are 2nd/ early third round picks. You can probably get Mcgahee back in your draft if you really want him.

I couldn't have said it better. ;-D
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby trevorc13 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks a lot for the advise! I appreciate the experience.

Now this may be a question that everyone knows the answer to but me...but exactly why is McGahee valued so low? Last year he was a top 15 RB. Now he has the same run heavy coach, limited competition, and a QB who will keep defenses out of the box. Manning will not be running the schemes like in Indy, and I think the HC will want to slowly work Manning into his role, incorporating McGahee more to go easy on the new QB. I understand that due to his age, this may be his last year, but RBs like Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, and others are up there too but you don't hear much about this regarding them. I also feel that since McGahee has publicly announced his intentions to get more yards than last year, he will do what he can to get there. I know its starting to feel like I'm putting him up as an elite RB, which I'm not trying to do, but I haven't heard of the reason for his super low ranking. Any thoughts?
trevorc13
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby dagnuk » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:32 pm

trevorc13 wrote:Thanks a lot for the advise! I appreciate the experience.

Now this may be a question that everyone knows the answer to but me...but exactly why is McGahee valued so low? Last year he was a top 15 RB. Now he has the same run heavy coach, limited competition, and a QB who will keep defenses out of the box. Manning will not be running the schemes like in Indy, and I think the HC will want to slowly work Manning into his role, incorporating McGahee more to go easy on the new QB. I understand that due to his age, this may be his last year, but RBs like Steven Jackson, Frank Gore, and others are up there too but you don't hear much about this regarding them. I also feel that since McGahee has publicly announced his intentions to get more yards than last year, he will do what he can to get there. I know its starting to feel like I'm putting him up as an elite RB, which I'm not trying to do, but I haven't heard of the reason for his super low ranking. Any thoughts?

McGahee is valued so low because he may have been a top-15 rb last season, but people are trying to project for THIS season. The problem with fantasy football is that if you chase last year's stats, you can easily get burned.

Keep in mind that we are predicting the future. So, we look for people in situations that lead us to believe that we can safely assume that they can perform at a high level this year. Right or wrong, Willis McGahee is not a player with high expectations placed upon him for this season, because of his previous production and running backs over the age of 30 tend to decline in production.

Last season was the first time since 2007 that McGahee broke 1,000 yards rushing. He could be a good value as your 2nd rb, but there is risk involved with drafting him.
dagnuk
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafeholic

Postby TruNinerFan » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:42 am

The Broncos are going to be a different offense this year with Peyton Manning. They are going to be more of a passing team. I expect a much lighter workload for McGahee. Also, mcgahee is going to be 31 in October. His age is eventually going to catch up with him and this might be the year.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby trevorc13 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Looking closer at my league, although it's a PPR league, there are only two WRs instead of the three standard. It is a heavy RB league, which is another reason to keep McGahee. However my other league is a true PPR league, and this advise will come in handy there.

What I'm taking away from this is that Manning should be thrown back and Green should be kept. I agree with this and it seems that I can still get a Manning caliber QB in Rivers or Big Ben in the later rounds, as the top QB's will already be kept by other players. Thanks for the advise guys. ;-D
trevorc13
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby K0wned » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:06 pm

trevorc13 wrote:Looking closer at my league, although it's a PPR league, there are only two WRs instead of the three standard. It is a heavy RB league, which is another reason to keep McGahee. However my other league is a true PPR league, and this advise will come in handy there.

What I'm taking away from this is that Manning should be thrown back and Green should be kept. I agree with this and it seems that I can still get a Manning caliber QB in Rivers or Big Ben in the later rounds, as the top QB's will already be kept by other players. Thanks for the advise guys. ;-D

There is no reason to keep McGahee, if you want to draft him back you can.. Julio and AJ are studs, McGahee is just old. In the other league Green should also be kept over Manning.
K0wned
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions