Fleecers value in dynasty league - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Fleecers value in dynasty league

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fleecers value in dynasty league

Postby dblj9911 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm in a ten team 1ppr league, 6pt all tds, 25 man roster, 3 Rd rookie draft. I have picks 1.1, 1.7 and 3.7 in the upcoming draft. Richardson at 1 is a given, but not sure who to take at 1.7. There is a outside chance that Luck or RGIII could be there for me (teams from 3-6 don't need qb's). I do have Gronkowski on my team, but he is Lucks guy, should see a bunch of passes and could be great depth / trade value to me. Or do I take the best RB / wr left on the board? FF Toolbox has him the 7th rated rookie overall behind Richardson, RGIII, Martin, Luck, Blackmon and Floyd.
My Roster
QB. Eli, Ryan
WR. Fitz, Calvin, Colston, Nelson, Decker, Rice, Manninham
RB. AP, Richardson (#1), Bradshaw, Green-Ellis, Starks, M Bush, Bemson, Hardesty
TE Gronk, Daniels
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fleecers value in dynasty league

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:24 am

I think that you should first put the pick on the market and see what kind of value you can get. As safe as a rookie looks to be, there is always a chance he could bust. You very well could make a great pick at that spot, but your team doesn't look like it is in rebuilding mode, but you are looking to contend this year. If you can trade that 1.7 for a more proven player that will help your team, you have to consider it, if you can get good enough return.

Great point about Fleener being Luck's guy, he could be a top 10 TE this year, and that would give you unbelievable depth at TE. After Fleener and Wilson, I feel there is a considerable drop in value of players of the rookies. If you don't get someone to give you a great trde for that pick, and the top 6 shake out with those players, then I would take Fleener. But if 3-6 are "set" at QB then there is a chance both Wilson and Fleener are gone before you get to pick and I would take RG3/Luck.

To recap my advice:
See what kind of value you can get for your 1.7. Your team looks like a contender
Take Fleener if you don't make a trade and the top 6 shakes out like that.
If Fleener is gone at your pick and you did not trade it, take BPA.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby B3N1ZJAM1N » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:56 am

I would definitely consider trading the pick for a proven guy. Rookies are always important in dynasty leagues but at a point you have to worry about the "now" to win the championship, it looks like you could be in that position.
B3N1ZJAM1N
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:41 am

Let us know how the draft/trading works out. RB is your biggest hole, see if you can get one of those with that pick via trade, I wouldn't necessarily take Wilson before any of those 6 guys + Fleener.

One other thing, it looks like you have the 7th overall pick, which means you gave up a decent haul to get that 1.1. What was the deal in place for that pick? It looks like your 2.7 was a part of it. Curious to see how high those picks are going, I am in a dynasty league looking to trade draft picks.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:43 pm

I wouldn't worry about your roster, just take best player available at that spot, even if that means Fleener.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:35 pm

Indibuck wrote:I wouldn't worry about your roster, just take best player available at that spot, even if that means Fleener.

I agree with this. I think people tend to get too cute in dynasty drafts. You are almost always better off loading your roster with best available.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby TruNinerFan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:46 pm

Indibuck wrote:I wouldn't worry about your roster, just take best player available at that spot, even if that means Fleener.

I agree with Indi. In dynasty rookie drafts you always take the best player. In 07 i was weak at RB and I took Calvin over lynch at #2 because I thought he was the best player. The other owners thought I was an idiot. But, look who got the last laugh ;-D

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:42 am

Thanks for all the input. Burrito I actually made a early season trade of my D. Williams, S. Johnson and my second Rd pick for his Bradshaw, Manninghm and his first Rd pick. It was early in the year, the other guy didn't win a game the rest of the year, so I got lucky.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions