Lawrence Phillips in Trouble... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lawrence Phillips in Trouble...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lawrence Phillips in Trouble...

Postby Ronald » Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:25 pm

Lawrence Phillips released from jail

December 5, 2003
MONTREAL (AP) -- Former NFL running back Lawrence Phillips was released from jail Friday after he was charged with sexually assaulting his girlfriend.

Phillips, who has a history of legal trouble, posted bail of $767 and is due in court March 2.

Police say he assaulted his girlfriend Nov. 27 in Montreal. He also was charged Thursday with making threats and was jailed after initially failing to make bail.

Phillips was released by the CFL's Calgary Stampeders on Oct. 10 for disrupting practice by arguing with coach Jim Barker. The Stampeders signed Phillips after he was released in May by the Montreal Alouettes.

He was drafted sixth overall by the St. Louis Rams in 1996. A year later he was released by the Miami Dolphins. In 1999, he was let go by the San Francisco 49ers for insubordination.

While in college at Nebraska, Phillips pleaded no contest to domestic violence in a confrontation with a girlfriend.

Phillips needed a government permit, renewable each year, to play in Canada because of his police record in the United States.

What a waste...
Failing to prepare is preparing to fail. - John Wooden
Ronald
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Sun Dec 07, 2003 9:31 am

yes he was, I put him up there with Todd Marinovich but Todd had a little help from his dad.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:50 am

I actually thought that Lawrence Phillips in Trouble was his name, not a headline. Sometimes when we make Gods out of young teen atheltes they never learn about no. He is about to learn that the further away from the limelight he gets, the darker his cell and longer his sentence.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Football Talk