Using Paypal for league fees, is there a PP fee? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Using Paypal for league fees, is there a PP fee?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Using Paypal for league fees, is there a PP fee?

Postby demonTD » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:30 pm

I am thinking about using Paypal for getting league fees. I've read on older threads that if someone sends me a "Gift" on Paypal, no PP fees are taken. Is this still the case?
demonTD
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Using Paypal for league fees, is there a PP fee?

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:56 pm

demonTD wrote:I am thinking about using Paypal for getting league fees. I've read on older threads that if someone sends me a "Gift" on Paypal, no PP fees are taken. Is this still the case?

Sure is! As long as it's personal or a gift then there are no fees on either end of the process. That said, if you leave it up to guys to send you money they often screw this up and the pot gets a bit shaved off the top - in my experience it's easier to get everyone's PP handle and then send out requests with the appropriate details hammered out by you. Hope this helps and welcome to the Cafe BTW - nice to see a new face around here and hope you stick around ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigmck » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Last year a couple of my friends used Paypal to collect their fees and ran into problems. Paypal froze their account due to them using the site for "gambling". I used the site to collect fees and did not have this problem, but I was wondering if any of you did? My friends were able to talk their way out of it and get their money but has made me leary of using Paypal for this purpose again. Have any of you had this type of problem?
bigmck
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mzu » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:39 pm

I built SportsVault (www . sportsvau . lt - remove spaces) to solve this very problem. Played in a $250 league on Yahoo a few years back, got paid for 2nd place by the commissioner and Paypal froze the money. Said online gambling was illegal in US and I never saw a dime. One of the worst experiences I have ever had. Lost over $1000.

Our site allows you to pay via credit card, no waiting for funds to settle, no frozen accounts, no commissioners running off with your money. You get your winnings, guaranteed.

We are running a special right now where all new leagues get a bonus for signing up. Email me at matt@sportsvau.lt and I can hook you up. Fantasy Cafe introduced me to fantasy sports so I will do anything for this place.

Cheers.
mzu
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner