First Time Live Draft League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

First Time Live Draft League

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Time Live Draft League

Postby NYG1119 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:56 pm

After playing fantasy for the past 2 years...the first just being a 4-team to understand and last year being a 12-team with 8 unknowns, I have finally gotten the interest of enough friends to attempt a 14-team league. Were prob gonna put like $20 each just for fun, but in terms of the live draft, how should I prepare. I don't have the money to spend on being fancy getting the draft boards and stuff. I was thinking of just getting a bunch of pizza and drinks and using a huge poster board to write down the picks.

So should that suffice? What are some ideas that improved your leagues' live draft.

Thanks
NYG1119
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Time Live Draft League

Postby murphysxm » Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:43 pm

as long as you have good friends, a good league and good beer- there is no such thing as a bad live draft. It's the best part of fantasy....
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:05 pm

Make sure ya stay sober while ensuring your friends have lots to drink, lol! ;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby shawngee03 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:15 pm

you dont even need a board. ive done a live draft for the past 7 years, and we have never had a board. we go in with the understanding that each manager will keep track of who is avaialble, which you shoudl be doing anyways as you should have your cheatsheet or rankings and be crossing off each player as he is drafted

we then have the commish or a designated person keep the official player draft list per team to input into yahoo afterwards. we have never had a problem

if you are stripper savy...i suggest trying to get one to come over and be the Draft Board Girl if you are going to have a draft. we have never done it....but fantasize about it every year
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Commissioner's Corner