12 Team Dynasty (IDP's) 3 owners needed - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

12 Team Dynasty (IDP's) 3 owners needed

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 Team Dynasty (IDP's) 3 owners needed

Postby twoshoes » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi All - Many I know are looking for hardcore leagues - but I've had my fill of those and enjoy a more laid back competitive approach. Fun is what it should be! I'm a 100% disabled veteran and yes I do occasionally get confused (so don't get mad - smile) - just join and have fun. We've got three teams so far -so if you're looking for a new league - here it is - family oriented and for both the novice and experienced players. The cost is minimal $6.00! The novice will get help from the more experienced - and the experienced will find the challenge in 2QB and possibly 2TE! As for family - this is a great opportunity to involve their children or spouses to take part. I've over 20 years experience in FF and am old enough to know how to run a league and also encourage and assist new players to enjoy FF. chuck
2-QB
2-3 RB
3-5 WR
1-3 TE
no kickers
possible Kick Returner special teams

1-2 DT
2-3 DE
3-5 LB
2-3 CB
2-3 Safety

50 regular roster spots
5 - Taxi Squad (Rookies only)
2 - IR

Scoring is competitive on both sides of the ball - so one can win with IDP studs as well as Offense - Draft would be 50 rounds serpentine - and then a five round rookie draft.

ONLY COST WOULD BE THE LEAGUE FEES - CURRENTLY $70 SPLIT 12 WAYS $6.00
Last edited by twoshoes on Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
twoshoes
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 Team Dynasty (IDP's)

Postby twoshoes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:44 am

We've now six committed owners - with with six openings - four of our new owners are fathers and sons (17 and 13). c
twoshoes
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby murphyslaw » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:12 pm

You might get more interest if you change it to a 10 team league. Starting 2 QB's in a 12 team league is a VERY bad idea. Do the math. If everyone has 2 QB's (24 total), that leaves only 8 backups. At least 4 owners won't be able to field a QB on their bye weeks.
murphyslaw
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:26 pm

murphyslaw wrote:You might get more interest if you change it to a 10 team league. Starting 2 QB's in a 12 team league is a VERY bad idea. Do the math. If everyone has 2 QB's (24 total), that leaves only 8 backups. At least 4 owners won't be able to field a QB on their bye weeks.

Excellent point - my 2 QB league has only 10 teams (to spice it up a bit, we also have to start 2 TE's)
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby twoshoes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi - have played in three of these leagues and with the injuries one will go through at least one if not two QB's during the season and it makes one think - having a smaller league eliminates that learning process and in two of the leagues it's the other roster spots that have won the league. Most only have to make it through the bye weeks unless like my luck the QB's have the same bye week. This is a learning league and again it is not hard core - but allows each of us to experiment and get new blood involved in the idea of FF - we've already a couple of fathers bringing in their younger sons as well. c
twoshoes
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

3 owners still needed dynasty

Postby twoshoes » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:48 am

Hi All - we only need three more owners - good opportunity for family/beginner or experienced owner - mentoring will be done - this is not a hard core league - but a family/fun league! Great for learning - chuck
twoshoes
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Beginner's Forum