Compare these two rosters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Compare these two rosters

Moderator: Football Moderators

Compare these two rosters

Postby Mizou » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:29 pm

Did a mock draft for a 12-team redraft league, which is similar to what my friend is putting together later this summer. How does this stack up against the roster I drafted for an earlier (10-team) league?

Edit: Forgot, both are standard scoring (4pt pass td) leagues. Non-PPR, non keeper, etc.

12-team

QB: E. Manning, Andy Dalton
RB: Trent Richardson, Fred Jackson, Michael Bush, CJ Spiller, Toby Gerhart
WR: Fitzgerald, Miles Austin, Reggie Wayne, Robert Meachem, Michael Floyd
TE: Jermichael Finley
K: Robbie Gould
D/ST: Dallas

--------------------

Older 10-team roster

QB: Brees
RB: Turner, Sproles, Isaac Redman, Beanie Wells, Benjarvis Green-Ellis, James Starks, Toby Gerhart
WR: Roddy White, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Jeremy Maclin, Torrey Smith,
TE: Gronkowski
K: Mike Nugent
D/ST: Houston
Last edited by Mizou on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Compare these two rosters

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:08 pm

I like your 10-team roster with the top 5 QB and top 5 TE. The only problem is that your running backs are a little weak especially in non-PPR. The 12 team roster is a good but does not have the overall depth like the 10 team roster. I like that you grabbed Wayne who I think is a solid WR3. I am not a fan of Fred Jackson but having Spiller on the roster helps.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Mizou » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:36 pm

11stever11 wrote:I like your 10-team roster with the top 5 QB and top 5 TE. The only problem is that your running backs are a little weak especially in non-PPR. The 12 team roster is a good but does not have the overall depth like the 10 team roster. I like that you grabbed Wayne who I think is a solid WR3. I am not a fan of Fred Jackson but having Spiller on the roster helps.

I was trying a different philosophy with the 12-team mock (the more common ideal of taking the best RBs you can, and failing that, WRs), as opposed to the QB/TE method in the 10-team.

In the real 12-man, would you suggest sticking to the RB/WR philosophy, or doing something similar to what I did earlier and locking up QB, then maybe TE/starting in on the WR/RB? This of course hinges on draft position, as top 3 picks would be the top 3 RBs.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 9)

Postby 11stever11 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:14 pm

Mizou wrote:
11stever11 wrote:I like your 10-team roster with the top 5 QB and top 5 TE. The only problem is that your running backs are a little weak especially in non-PPR. The 12 team roster is a good but does not have the overall depth like the 10 team roster. I like that you grabbed Wayne who I think is a solid WR3. I am not a fan of Fred Jackson but having Spiller on the roster helps.

I was trying a different philosophy with the 12-team mock (the more common ideal of taking the best RBs you can, and failing that, WRs), as opposed to the QB/TE method in the 10-team.

In the real 12-man, would you suggest sticking to the RB/WR philosophy, or doing something similar to what I did earlier and locking up QB, then maybe TE/starting in on the WR/RB? This of course hinges on draft position, as top 3 picks would be the top 3 RBs.

I would go running back in the first round unless you can get Rodgers if you are in the 1.04 or 1.05 spot. Then I would go QB in the second round so you can lock up a top 5 QB or RB if you get Rodgers. In the mocks I have done I find myself going RB/QB/WR/WR/WR/WR in the first six rounds than taking a couple of McGahee/Spiller type running backs. I think that the tight end position is deep enough that you do not need to take Gronk and Graham. Olsen, Celek and Tamme are guys I like later in drafts. The QB/TE strategy works better in the 10 team league from what I have seen, since doing QB/TE makes you have a guy like Turner as your RB1. Hope this helps ;-D
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby bigdogg712 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:51 pm

well obviously the 10 team roster is better than the 12. I don't really like richardson this year. He plays stout defenses in 6 of his 16 games. Your WRS are great in both leagues, but I like your RBs in the 10 teamer.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Postby Zbetty » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Both are solid rosters. The one thing I would try to improve on is getting a true #1 back on both teams. Not saying you couldn't win with what you have because many of them are consistent point scores but you don't have the huge game guy.
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)