Trade: Rookie Pick 1.05 for Green-Ellis/TGonz/L Moore? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Trade: Rookie Pick 1.05 for Green-Ellis/TGonz/L Moore?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trade: Rookie Pick 1.05 for Green-Ellis/TGonz/L Moore?

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:37 am

We are starting our rookie draft for our dynasty keeper league and I got offered this trade.
I give him my 1.05 pick and he gives me Green-Ellis, Tony Gonzalez and Lance Moore.

Here is my current pre-draft roster:
QB: Rodgers
QB: Brees
RB: Fred Jackson
RB: Ridley
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: DHB
WR: Amendola
TE: Keller

Bench: Tav Jackson, Colt McCoy, Gehart, Tolbert, Tanner, Gaffney, Breaston.

I would assume that the 5th pick would be either Blackmon or Martin since both Luck and RG3 will go which in this 2 QB league.

Should I do this deal?
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade: Rookie Pick 1.05 for Green-Ellis/TGonz/L Moore?

Postby Mizou » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:58 am

I wouldn't. I don't really see you getting much of anything for this trade. BJGE and Moore both have questionable value, and Gonzalez, while good, is on his last legs. I don't see what Moore and BJGE can give you that Ridley and DHB can't.

I'd much rather keep that pick, and get someone like Blackmon to pair with Johnson for the next few years.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby TruNinerFan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:03 pm

I would pass. You would be trading a potential stud for a bunch of average players.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby northernpackfan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:19 pm

I'll begin by saying that I'm kind of enamored with Green-Ellis this year, as I think he'll take over Benson's 1000 yards, and add 250+ receiving yards (with 40 receptions, which is only significant if its PPR). I'm not sure what his long-term value is, but I think he's definitely a player worth rostering for 2012. As for Gonzalez, I'm not sure how much value he has in a dynasty league, as I doubt he has more than a year of starting potential left in him (if he even has that). As for Moore, he gives you another OK starter, comparable to Heyward-Bey, which allows you to bench Amendola. Your WR corps still wouldn't be intimidating, but it would be strengthened a little.

In comparison, a guy like Blackmon is a bit of a boom/bust play. He's unproven, and plays in an awful offense. Even if he is able to translate his talents into NFL success, its likely 2-3 years away - I wouldn't want to rely on Amendola for 2-3 more years.

I'd probably take the deal, though I think you might be able to do a little bit better, depending on what his roster looks like. Blackmon and Martin still have a lot of hype around them, and if there is a chance to capitalize on it, now is that time.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BurritoBoy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:03 pm

I wouldn't do it for the reasoning that I don't like what you're getting out of the deal. An almost retired TE, an inconsistent WR, and a above average RB. With the pick you could get either Martin, Wilson, or Blackmon. All 3 have potential to be fantasy studs.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby northernpackfan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:43 pm

TruNinerFan wrote:I would pass. You would be trading a potential stud for a bunch of average players.

Potential is all you would be getting, he could easily prove to be the next Charles Rogers. Yes you would be getting a host of average players, but they would all be small improvements over your current roster.

I don't have any experience in a dynasty league, but my understanding is that gambles that don't pay off can have significant detrimental impact on your team for years to come - that's part of my reasoning for supporting the deal, if I'm wrong on that aspect, I would have to rethink my response.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby BurritoBoy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:50 pm

It looks like he did the trade. He's got another post with the roster he'd have w/ trade and asked about another one.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby northernpackfan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:57 pm

BurritoBoy wrote:I wouldn't do it for the reasoning that I don't like what you're getting out of the deal. An almost retired TE, an inconsistent WR, and a above average RB. With the pick you could get either Martin, Wilson, or Blackmon. All 3 have potential to be fantasy studs.

I'm not a huge fan of Moore's either, but excluding 2009, when his ankle injury kept him out most of the season, he's averaged 66 rec for 770+ yds and almost 9TDs per season since 2008 - that's not bad, and far from inconsistent.

That being said, his stats are on a downward trajectory since 2008, so you may want to consider whether that trend is likely to continue.
northernpackfan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby FantasySportsMaven » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:02 pm

BurritoBoy wrote:It looks like he did the trade. He's got another post with the roster he'd have w/ trade and asked about another one.

I rejected the deal but when the 1st 4 picks went RG3, Richardson, Luck and Martin, I countered with his offer plus his 1.08 pick. I figured that the value I got with Lawfirm alone plus the 8th pick was worth who I could have gotten at pick 5.

Now, as noticed, I am looking to trade AJ for Luck and a few other players.

Thanks to everyone who helped me in this thread! ;-D
2011 FFB Totals
Terrible at everything, and a liar.
FantasySportsMaven
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BurritoBoy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:13 pm

Oh well than that is a good call on that trade getting that 1.08
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions