First Year Auction Keeper League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

First Year Auction Keeper League

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Year Auction Keeper League

Postby JJVall12 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Hey guys,

So I've been the commish of a snake draft/league with a few buddies for about five years now and we've decided to upgrade to an auction keeper format. The problem I'm having is figuring out the keeper rules. I want to keep it as simple and fair as possible. Does anyone have any suggestions as for the keeper costs/rules they use for their particular league?

So far I've floated the idea of having the costs go up by 5, 10, 15 each year and others have talked about using contracts. Just looking for some ideas for something simple/fair.

Thanks for your help!
JJVall12
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: First Year Auction Keeper League

Postby Cards24 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:15 pm

I would recommend that you switch to an auction draft and wait until next year's draft to make it a keeper. Your owners can get a feel of how an auction draft works and what prices are being set. That way adjustments can be made in the salaries accordingly when you add the keeper component. That will also help you in deciding how much markup you should have based on the going rates of players in your league.

Making the jump from snake to auction draft is a pretty big leap, especially if owners are not used to that system. Keep it simple for them the first year ;-)
Best Damn Fantasy Football League
Cards24
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby JJVall12 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:33 am

Yeah, its starting next year, I probably shouldn't of worded it that way. Should of just left that out completely.
JJVall12
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 20)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:25 am

There's about a million different ways to do your rules.

I think my suggestion would hinge on how many players each owner can keep.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner