2012 league/draft chatter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to King of the Jungle League

2012 league/draft chatter

Moderators: dream_017, Santacruzer, moochman, Football Moderators

Re: 2012 league/draft chatter

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:47 pm

All I'm saying is that Leshoure has the talent, and now has a fantastic opportunity to make it happen in the Lions backfield. Health and good judgement look to be elusive with this dude, but there have been worse characters who've kept a lid on it long enough to have good careers.
Call Dickerson pre-season enthusiasm, k? :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:55 pm

moochman wrote:All I'm saying is that Leshoure has the talent, and now has a fantastic opportunity to make it happen in the Lions backfield. Health and good judgement look to be elusive with this dude, but there have been worse characters who've kept a lid on it long enough to have good careers.
Call Dickerson pre-season enthusiasm, k? :-b

He does have the talent, that is for sure. I really hope he can straighten his life out for more then football reasons. Dickerson has more talent when he was 10 years old though! :-D I would settle for a good RB who can stay healthy and out of trouble. When was the last time the Lions hada RB stay healthy! They are due, right?

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:13 pm

Just seen a tweet from davebirkett, Leshoure pulled a hammy.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:27 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Just seen a tweet from davebirkett, Leshoure pulled a hammy.

You are twiddin' me. LOLOLOLOLOLOOLLOOOOLLOLLOLOLOLLOL < kind of ran out of breath there for a bit. Are you serious? Wonder what Ced Benson and Ryan Grant are up to these days? what a friggin mess, eh?
Scares me to see that the further we move away from the Millen Error the more cracks are showing in Mayhew's armor, and those cracks are oozing Millen juice.
Holes on D-draft O ----Millen
Ignore college history of injury ----Millen
Need a RB, need D help, draft a WR -----Millen
Heck, in his own way Mayhem is paying homage to his mentor in drafting Broyles. Its the grand slam of Millen. A position we don't need. (think Doughnut Mike Williams) An Injured player, and spending a high round draft pick ignoring needs elsewhere. Its like Mayhem has stars in his eyes, and this from the guy who evoked the name of Dickerson :-b

Please please please, let me once again be wrong about Mayhew

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:35 pm

I think the mistake the Lions keep making over and over is at RB. They have tried too hard at the spot. Trading up for Kevin Jones, Kevin Smith, Jahvid Bust, and Leshoure. Wait til the middle rounds to take a RB. They are a dime a dozen now, look at the pay scale for them. Even the studs are having a hard time making money. In the grand aspect of things I think Mayhew needs to go, other then pulling one over on Jerry Jones for Roy Williams(really is that hard to do) he has drafted very suspect character issue players,taking positions of non need, and has let things really spiral out of control now. How does he not know of Corey Williams arrest for DUI last season. He seems very unprepared and over his head.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:09 pm

Look, most peeps know I am at best very cynical and at worse maybe cancerous when it comes to the running of the Lions. Mayhew and Lewand surprised us all by coming out of the gates with such success. But it was done with window dressing in the form of a healthy season from Stafford, Megs, and Pettigrew. Many games last year they were unstoppable and won us games that our D and run game suggest we had no right winning. Building a team is like building a house, you simply cannot skimp on the foundation. If you compartmentalize it, you have the skill positions, OL, DL, LB, Secodary, and special teams. The Lions went for the quick fix with glammor positions QB, WR, RB, and even TE. They also acknowledged a need to fix the D by splurging on the D line. I assert that it would have been wiser to not draft Pettigrew(who I have no issue with, great player) Delmas, Derrick Williams, Broyles, Fairley, Best. Instead address the seconary, OL, LB areas to make a more stable team. Strengthen up the weakest link, say I. By going for the glam, I think we could be seeing a misunderstanding of what it takes to build a team, no doubt due to the infection of Millenitis. Could be cutting off the limb (Mayham) is the only way to save the patient.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:32 pm

Was wondering when "in this corner, Titus Young" would go. Great value pick there, lots of upside in our offence. Nice pick ALF ;-D

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigken117 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:42 am

Thought hard about young for my last pic too
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:02 am

Just a reminder, there is a 12-hour time limit. I am pm'd J Per that he is late and Calyxes that he is up.
If you find that you are unable to make your next pick in time, please feel free to ask someone to make that pick for you. There are times when I won't be able to help, but for the most part I am willing to pick for anyone, just give a short list of options in order of preferrence. Others in the league have always helped out. Just ask and together we can keep this draft moving. Thanks.

moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mutantseabass » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:04 am

I'm usually around to help.if anyone ever needs a pick made feel free to give me a short list via PM.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to King of the Jungle League