Can I get some help on a trophy? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Can I get some help on a trophy?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can I get some help on a trophy?

Postby TheFantasyFanatic » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:57 pm

Any of you out there play for a trophy? If so did you make it yourself or order one online. There are a few on google images that are pretty awesome.
TheFantasyFanatic
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Can I get some help on a trophy?

Postby Indibuck » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:11 pm

I have a league with my buddies that has been going strong for 12 years now.

The first year, everyone pitched in an extra $10 for league dues to buy a traveling trophy. That buys a pretty sweet trophy if you shop it around a little bit.

After that first year, the commish presented the trophy to the first year winner, with his name engraved on the trophy. The winner got to keep it until the next year's draft, when the next presentation is made. Each previous winner is responsible for getting the new winner's name engraved.

After this year, we will run out of room on our original trophy... so we are shopping around to add to the bottom of the trophy for more names.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby TheFantasyFanatic » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:54 am

Indibuck,

That is what we're planning on doing. I like the idea of a perpetual trophy. Right now our league is raising the funds to purchase a $350 trophy. Some cheap owners are complaining but it looks pretty awesome so I'm hoping they'll shut up and like it when it arrives. They wanted to make one themselves but between 10 owners, none of us have a creative bone in our bodies.
TheFantasyFanatic
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:22 pm

TheFantasyFanatic wrote:Indibuck,

That is what we're planning on doing. I like the idea of a perpetual trophy. Right now our league is raising the funds to purchase a $350 trophy. Some cheap owners are complaining but it looks pretty awesome so I'm hoping they'll shut up and like it when it arrives. They wanted to make one themselves but between 10 owners, none of us have a creative bone in our bodies.

If guys are hesitant about spending that kind of money, you can always start a little smaller and add on to the trophy as needed (like we now need to).
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby CRain » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:55 pm

be sure you know your league owners well - I was in a league with a travelling trophy where the defending champ disappeared midseason and the trophy went with him (probably sold it for scrap LOL)
CRain
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 am

We once took an old trophy of mine that was not a particular sport and peeled off the plaque. All we had to do is make another plazue so it was easy. But then someone broke it so now its just the cash we get
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Beginner's Forum