Trent Richardson vs Darren McFadden... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trent Richardson vs Darren McFadden...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Trent Richardson vs Darren McFadden...

Postby Sex Panther » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:18 am

Assuming that the first 6 RB off the board follow suit - Foster/Rice/McCoy/Mathews/MJD/CJ2K many pundits have Richardson and McFadden as the next 2 off the board.

If given the choice, you would you take and why? Or is there somebody else that wets your whistle?
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trent Richardson vs Darren McFadden...

Postby LMack » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:30 am

If those top options are gone I'm looking hard at Demarco Murray. This tier of RBs is murky, though.
LMack
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 32)

Postby Wood Chipper » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:50 am

Sex Panther wrote:Assuming that the first 6 RB off the board follow suit - Foster/Rice/McCoy/Mathews/MJD/CJ2K many pundits have Richardson and McFadden as the next 2 off the board.

If given the choice, you would you take and why? Or is there somebody else that wets your whistle?

If I were to be forced to choose between the two then Richardson would be my choice. Mcfaddy is an injury waiting to happen.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:23 am

Wood Chipper wrote:
Sex Panther wrote:Assuming that the first 6 RB off the board follow suit - Foster/Rice/McCoy/Mathews/MJD/CJ2K many pundits have Richardson and McFadden as the next 2 off the board.

If I were to be forced to choose between the two then Richardson would be my choice. Mcfaddy is an injury waiting to happen.

Richardson is going to be a work horse this year in Cleveland, but prior to McFaddens injury he was absolutely killing it in 2011. McFadden has a much better chance to finish as one of the top 3 RBs than Richardson does. Richardson also has to go against Balt and Pitt x2 each which really dampers my expectations a bit because that is already 1/4 of the schedule against top-notch rush defenses. Last year, there was also no need for Oakland to rush McFadden back from his injury because Michael Bush was playing just as well as DMC was prior to his injury.

If I am stuck choosing between McFadden and Richardson, I am taking McFadden 10 out of 10 times.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby trevorc13 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:57 am

Richardson is going to be a work horse this year in Cleveland, but prior to McFaddens injury he was absolutely killing it in 2011. McFadden has a much better chance to finish as one of the top 3 RBs than Richardson does. Richardson also has to go against Balt and Pitt x2 each which really dampers my expectations a bit because that is already 1/4 of the schedule against top-notch rush defenses. Last year, there was also no need for Oakland to rush McFadden back from his injury because Michael Bush was playing just as well as DMC was prior to his injury.

If I am stuck choosing between McFadden and Richardson, I am taking McFadden 10 out of 10 times.

Remember that P. Hillis did it for the Browns in 2010 against the same tough defenses. I think Richardson will be a top 10 RB, while McFadden always has the injury risk behind him.
trevorc13
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:29 pm

Injury, sminjury....I go with the upside of DMC. He prooved last year he can be the #1 fantasy rb. Any rb can get get injured. I like TRich, but theres no way Im taking him, a rookie over DMC. After the top 3, I go CJ, Mathews, DMC....in no particular order
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 233)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:19 am

I'm not entirely certain I understand the confidence many people have regarding Trent Richardson. Don't get me wrong - I think the kid is quite talented and has a chance to shine in his rookie year. However, he has quite a history of knee injuries in his pre-NFL career, has a very unproven QB playing alongside him, plays in a very tough division and plays on a team that has a terrible history regarding fantasy running backs. I could justify taking him in a keeper format or possible in the 3rd/4th round of a re-draft league, but to nab him any sooner than that is a bit of a reach.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:19 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I'm not entirely certain I understand the confidence many people have regarding Trent Richardson. Don't get me wrong - I think the kid is quite talented and has a chance to shine in his rookie year. However, he has quite a history of knee injuries in his pre-NFL career, has a very unproven QB playing alongside him, plays in a very tough division and plays on a team that has a terrible history regarding fantasy running backs. I could justify taking him in a keeper format or possible in the 3rd/4th round of a re-draft league, but to nab him any sooner than that is a bit of a reach.

I agree, though I feel some of his appeal is that he will be leaned on heavily as the Browns obviously don't have a prolific passing attack or another RB on the roster that deserves to eat into his carries significantly. Even 3.5 yards per carry can net you a legitimate fantasy starter if he's getting 25 carries a game, that's how Eddie George did it.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:23 pm

bagobonez wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I'm not entirely certain I understand the confidence many people have regarding Trent Richardson. Don't get me wrong - I think the kid is quite talented and has a chance to shine in his rookie year. However, he has quite a history of knee injuries in his pre-NFL career, has a very unproven QB playing alongside him, plays in a very tough division and plays on a team that has a terrible history regarding fantasy running backs. I could justify taking him in a keeper format or possible in the 3rd/4th round of a re-draft league, but to nab him any sooner than that is a bit of a reach.

I agree, though I feel some of his appeal is that he will be leaned on heavily as the Browns obviously don't have a prolific passing attack or another RB on the roster that deserves to eat into his carries significantly. Even 3.5 yards per carry can net you a legitimate fantasy starter if he's getting 25 carries a game, that's how Eddie George did it.

Oh, no doubt. I just can't see why people would draft him in the 2nd round.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Wood Chipper » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:08 pm

I have been grabbing Richardson in round 3 if he is available. Works out for me.
Wooden Icicles PPR (Horse Traders Dynasty)
Wood Chipper
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

CafeholicCafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk