Trent Richardson vs Darren McFadden... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Trent Richardson vs Darren McFadden...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Trent Richardson vs Darren McFadden...

Postby Stelly » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:30 pm

I'm glad to hear others question Richardson's rankings. I've seen plenty of sites ranking him is the 8-10 range for RBs and top 15 overall. Same sites say to draft end late 1st, early second.

I struggle to justify taking a rookie that high on a draft. Even if he does get all the touches in Cleveland he has ZERO track record in the NFL and I don't have the cajones to build my team around that.

That tier of RBs gives me the willies this season. Guys like Richardson, Charles, Murray, AP, and SJax all have great upside and just as great risk.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lsquad » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:24 am

McFadden for sure. He produces like an elite back when he's healthy, which is what counts. So long as you have a solid backup in case he gets hurt, his proven production is worth the pick, particuarly with Bush in Chicago. I like Richardson, but the Browns O line woes and schedule are something to be concerned about.
Lsquad
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)

Postby da_mane_man » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:46 am

I'm going with DMC every day. when he's in there, he's producing RB1 type numbers. actually, he's producing ELITE rb numbers. for the games he misses, i'll just get his backup later. now with mike bush gone, his backup won't be nearly as coveted and he won't steal nearly as many touches. win win.

richardson, on the other hand, is a complete unknown and he just had knee surgery. he's already behind. no thanks for this year. although i might draft him in my dynasty league.
da_mane_man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:16 pm

I agree that DMC is the choice of the 2.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 am

Id take the DMC risk that he doesnt get hurt for the first time ever. Id also handcuff him though. Bottom line is he can be in the tier of the top 3 if he doesnt get hurt. Plus Richardson is already a question to start week 1 let alone the possible split with Hardesty
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:07 am

My question is, how is this a fair comparison? DMC has already proven that if healthy he could finish #1, we have no idea what Trich can do yet. The only similarities I see at this point is the injury prone label, and so far, Trich is at least "winning" that battle.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:17 am

SameSongNDance wrote:My question is, how is this a fair comparison? DMC has already proven that if healthy he could finish #1, we have no idea what Trich can do yet. The only similarities I see at this point is the injury prone label, and so far, Trich is at least "winning" that battle.

I think you have to consider that this was written in July when the 2 were being drafted close to one another. I agree that now I would take Mcfadden a lot higher because of the reason you suggested
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to Football Talk