Marshawn Lynch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Marshawn Lynch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marshawn Lynch

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:33 pm

Originally published Monday, July 16, 2012 at 9:47 PM
Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch arrested in California on suspicion of DUI
Seahawks star running back arrested on suspicion of DUI early Saturday morning in Northern California. No word on whether he was charged.
By Danny O'Neil
Seattle Times staff reporter

Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch was arrested early Saturday morning in Northern California on suspicion of DUI.

The arrest was made by the California Highway Patrol at 3:42, according to records.

Lynch, 26, is from Oakland. He was transported to Santa Rita jail, according to a report from the San Jose Mercury News. There was no indication if Lynch has been charged nor were further specifics of the arrest available.

The Seahawks are aware of Lynch's arrest, but there was no comment on the situation other than to say the team is gathering information.

Lynch could not be reached, and his agent did not immediately return a message left for him Monday night.

Lynch was acquired by Seattle in 2010 from Buffalo, and last season he became the first Seahawk in six years to rush for more than 1,000 yards in a season. He was named to the Pro Bowl as an alternate and played in the game as an injury replacement. In March, he signed a four-year, $31 million deal to return to the Seahawks

con't...

more: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... wks17.html

also see: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/s ... r_per.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Marshawn Lynch arrested

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Keep hope alive Response Teamers....
.....Profootballtalk reports Marshawn Lynch's camp is confident the running back will not face NFL suspension in 2012 for his recent DUI arrest.
Whereas Lynch's previous three-game suspension was for violation of the personal conduct policy, the DUI falls under a separate substance-abuse policy. As a result, Lynch's representatives believe he will be suspended only if the commissioner finds "aggravating circumstances." Considering Roger Goodell's willingness to wield a wide suspension stick, that's certainly a possibility. The best news for Lynch's fantasy value is that he won't be disciplined by the league until the legal process plays out. That delay could conceivably push any suspension into the 2013 season.
Source: Profootballtalk on NBCSports.com J
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 231)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:04 am

I'm glad I grabbed Robert Turbin in most of my dynasty leagues - I don't trust Lynch to stay healthy and/or stay out of trouble!

Originally published September 4, 2012 at 8:00 PM | Page modified September 4, 2012 at 9:09 PM
Marshawn Lynch's status is unclear for Seahawks' season opener Sunday at Arizona
Running back Marshawn Lynch, who was charged with DUI in July, is not expected to be suspended by the NFL. But he hasn't practiced in two weeks, making his availability for the opener a question.
By Danny O'Neil
Seattle Times staff reporter

Running back Marshawn Lynch doesn't appear in danger of being suspended for Sunday's regular-season opener at Arizona.

That doesn't mean he's certain to play, though, after sitting out the past two weeks of practice because of back spasms.

Confused about just what to expect about Seattle's starting running back? That's understandable, because Lynch's status has been anything but straightforward since he was arrested and charged with DUI in California in July.

A DUI offense falls under the league's substance-abuse policy, and a first-time offender can be expected to be fined as much as two game checks. Lynch was previously suspended for three games under the personal-conduct policy, and there was some question whether this arrest would subject him to the possibility of further discipline.

And while the NFL doesn't announce that it won't suspend a player, as a general guideline, the league tries to inform a team by Monday or Tuesday if a player is going to be suspended for the upcoming game. The fact that Tuesday passed without any declaration pointed to the expectation Lynch will be available for Sunday's game.

But will he play?

con't...

more: http://seattletimes.com/html/seahawks/2 ... wks05.html
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:26 am

stomperrob wrote:I'm glad I grabbed Robert Turbin in most of my dynasty leagues - I don't trust Lynch to stay healthy and/or stay out of trouble!

I picked him up off waivers in the 'holics league just in case. I'm hoping this doesn't turn into anything more than a one week stand in (if that). I'm not sure if I'd want to start Turbin or put in Benson if Lynch can't roll.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby stomperrob » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:36 am

scottaa1 wrote:
stomperrob wrote:I'm glad I grabbed Robert Turbin in most of my dynasty leagues - I don't trust Lynch to stay healthy and/or stay out of trouble!

I picked him up off waivers in the 'holics league just in case. I'm hoping this doesn't turn into anything more than a one week stand in (if that). I'm not sure if I'd want to start Turbin or put in Benson if Lynch can't roll.

Agreed - I would wanna see how Turbin performs in a regular season game before I would want to start him, and it's possible he may not be much of a factor until 2013, but they are fairly high on him.

The Tacoma News Tribune expects rookie RB Robert Turbin to be a "significant part of the game plan."Turbin's rugged one-cut style has drawn rave reviews from the Seahawks' coaching staff. He'll be used to spell starter Marshawn Lynch and would be poised for a major workload if Lynch's back acts up again later in the season. Leon Washington is just a third-down and change-of-pace option. Sep 3 - 2:21 PMSource: Tacoma News Tribune

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7423/robert-turbin
stomperrob

Re: Marshawn Lynch

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:27 pm

Thank goodness I have Turbin. I am still high on Marshawn as he can be a beast. I sure hope its not a year long problem.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Marshawn Lynch

Postby Mr.Joshua » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:07 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:Thank goodness I have Turbin. I am still high on Marshawn as he can be a beast. I sure hope its not a year long problem.

same here....
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 231)

Return to Football Talk