Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Moderator: Football Moderators

How did I do?

Will go 16-0
0
No votes
Will win the league, but it will be close
1
33%
Will be runner up
0
No votes
WIll make playoffs
2
67%
Wont make playoffs
0
No votes
Wont win a single game
0
No votes
Should just quit now and start over in a new league
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 3

Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Postby bigdogg712 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:31 pm

Thanks for at least looking here :), it means a lot

Well, heres the new team. Just drafted today on ESPN. Standard scoring. no PPR. 10 team league. 8th overall pick and got brady. Snake draft.

QB- Tom Brady NE
RB- Frank Gore SF
RB- Reggie Bush MIA
WR- Larry Fitzgerald ARI
WR- Mike Wallace PIT
TE- Brandon Pettigrew DET
FLEX- Dez Bryant DAL
D/ST- Seahawks
K- Dan Baily DAL

BN- Antonio Brown PIT
BN- Shonn Greene NYJ
BN- Robert Griffin III WSH
BN- Peyton Hillis KC
BN- Michael Floyd ARI
BN- Lions D/ST
BN- Brandon LaFell CAR

What do you think I should do to improve? Im trying to get a more blue chip RB like MJD. Im thinking of offering Bush, Bryant, and Floyd/Brown for MJD. Do you think he will accept that? Should I be offering 2 starters for him? I am also thinking of doing Bush and Floyd for Charles. I know that doesn't seem like much, but he is coming off a knee injury-- a bad one. What other trades do you think I should do? How do you think the team stands as of now?

Thanks for your input! LEave a link, and ill try to help you, too!

EDIT EDIT EDIT

here is the link to my team:
http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse? ... sonId=2012

You can look at the other teams in the league and give me better feedback based on their teams. Also, could you tell me who you think is the "favorite" to win this year? id like to give them a run for their money :)
Last edited by bigdogg712 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 341
(Past Year: 45)
Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Postby Mizou » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:47 pm

I really like your WR depth. Looks like you went heavy on them, since most of the good RBs were gone by the time your 3rd pick came around. I especially like the Wallace/Brown team/handcuff considering the situation in PGH.

I definitely agree on getting the blue chip rusher. If you can swing the deal you mentioned (Bryant/Bush/Young WR) for him, I say definitely go for it. If it were me, though, I wouldn't take that deal. I'd be asking for at least Bush/Wallace (and maybe a young guy), or some might even want Gore/Wallace or Bryant/Wallace considering the scarcity of solid RBs.


Take a look, if you could: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=513854&p=3425656#p3425656
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 202
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 7 Dec 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Postby bigdogg712 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:32 am

Mizou wrote:I really like your WR depth. Looks like you went heavy on them, since most of the good RBs were gone by the time your 3rd pick came around. I especially like the Wallace/Brown team/handcuff considering the situation in PGH.

I definitely agree on getting the blue chip rusher. If you can swing the deal you mentioned (Bryant/Bush/Young WR) for him, I say definitely go for it. If it were me, though, I wouldn't take that deal. I'd be asking for at least Bush/Wallace (and maybe a young guy), or some might even want Gore/Wallace or Bryant/Wallace considering the scarcity of solid RBs.


Take a look, if you could: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=513854&p=3425656#p3425656



OK, thanks! I am a bit skeptical about offering my current #1 back and #2 (#1 on other teams) WR for a better RB. Heres the link to my team (i couldn't think of a better name, even though this one has been used a million times lol), so try to help me out with working with that the other guys have on their rosters.

http://games.espn.go.com/ffl/clubhouse? ... sonId=2012

ps... I helped you out too :)
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 341
(Past Year: 45)
Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Postby Mizou » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:57 am

I'm not seeing a lot of options here. If you're hesitant about trading starters, the best I can think of is dangling RG3 out there, if this isn't a keeper league. Maybe go to the guy with MJD, and offer RG3 and Bush for MJD.

You could try the guy who has Vick, too.. but I doubt he's giving up Rice. Best you'd be able to do is Jamaal Charles, which is still an upgrade.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 202
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 7 Dec 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:20 am

I like the depth that your have at WR, Brown as a WR4 is solid and I like Lafell as a sleeper pick. Your RBs are average but I like Greene as a RB3. Having Brady makes this a championship contending team. I prefer to target Charles over MJD, because he will cost less and I think he can put up a top 10 season since the injury happened so early last year. Bush/Floyd would be a good starting offer. If he declines I would send something in the line of Brown/Bush for Tate/Charles. Its to early to tell a favorite but I think you are in the top 3.
Image
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3969
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Postby bigdogg712 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:22 am

Mizou wrote:I'm not seeing a lot of options here. If you're hesitant about trading starters, the best I can think of is dangling RG3 out there, if this isn't a keeper league. Maybe go to the guy with MJD, and offer RG3 and Bush for MJD.

You could try the guy who has Vick, too.. but I doubt he's giving up Rice. Best you'd be able to do is Jamaal Charles, which is still an upgrade.



ok. thank you. How do you think I will do in comparison to the other teams in the league?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 341
(Past Year: 45)
Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Postby bigdogg712 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:14 am

11stever11 wrote:I like the depth that your have at WR, Brown as a WR4 is solid and I like Lafell as a sleeper pick. Your RBs are average but I like Greene as a RB3. Having Brady makes this a championship contending team. I prefer to target Charles over MJD, because he will cost less and I think he can put up a top 10 season since the injury happened so early last year. Bush/Floyd would be a good starting offer. If he declines I would send something in the line of Brown/Bush for Tate/Charles. Its to early to tell a favorite but I think you are in the top 3.


OK, thanks. What about getting another big name WR over dec like andre johnson or something. Id take calvin, but have been burned by the madden curse before... BREES!!! also, I think I could get Andre for a lot less thank calvin. For the running backs, what about maybe steven jackson, ahmad bradshaw (buy low and theres an empty backfield)? I think either of those could be a good FLEX-- especially bradshaw and jackson could be a solid #1/#2 back. What are your thoughts there?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 341
(Past Year: 45)
Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:45 am

bigdogg712 wrote:
OK, thanks. What about getting another big name WR over dec like andre johnson or something. Id take calvin, but have been burned by the madden curse before... BREES!!! also, I think I could get Andre for a lot less thank calvin. For the running backs, what about maybe steven jackson, ahmad bradshaw (buy low and theres an empty backfield)? I think either of those could be a good FLEX-- especially bradshaw and jackson could be a solid #1/#2 back. What are your thoughts there?


I don't see the need to get another big name WR. I think that will hurt your depth. I would focus on a running back instead since that is where you are average. Steven Jackson is a ok buy but it is non-PPR so I think you would pay to much based on his name alone. I am not a Bradshaw fan with his foot injures and with Wilson now behind him. I would target Charles instead.
Image
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3969
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Postby bigdogg712 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:11 am

11stever11 wrote:
bigdogg712 wrote:
OK, thanks. What about getting another big name WR over dec like andre johnson or something. Id take calvin, but have been burned by the madden curse before... BREES!!! also, I think I could get Andre for a lot less thank calvin. For the running backs, what about maybe steven jackson, ahmad bradshaw (buy low and theres an empty backfield)? I think either of those could be a good FLEX-- especially bradshaw and jackson could be a solid #1/#2 back. What are your thoughts there?


I don't see the need to get another big name WR. I think that will hurt your depth. I would focus on a running back instead since that is where you are average. Steven Jackson is a ok buy but it is non-PPR so I think you would pay to much based on his name alone. I am not a Bradshaw fan with his foot injures and with Wilson now behind him. I would target Charles instead.



Alright. THanks! Do you think RG3 and bush or bush and floyd or RB3, bush, and floyd are too much for charles? What about for MJD?
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 341
(Past Year: 45)
Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my new team please? WHIR-- I promise!

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:25 am

bigdogg712 wrote:
Alright. THanks! Do you think RG3 and bush or bush and floyd or RB3, bush, and floyd are too much for charles? What about for MJD?


I do not think so. I think Bush, RG3 and Floyd could get it done for Charles but I do not see the MJD owner taking that.
Image
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3969
(Past Year: 60)
Joined: 1 Nov 2010
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Roster Ratings

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:59 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact